Voodoo to the Heart (Calypso Ezili, aka The Witch)

"I have to get out of here..." She whispered, the rain landing over her dark skin as she ran for her life. Nothing went as she had planned, as she could see from a glance just how Spider-Man and Alyosha Kravinoff fought against all of her followers. She needed to regroup and plan something else.

*GROWL*

She stopped dead, a cold sweat running down her back. Thankfully it was camouflaged by the rain, but it didn't save her from whatever danger she was in. She looked back, her eyes widening in fear as she could see a very large lion preying on her. She gulped, seeing just how the lion salivated at the sight of her. And that didn't last very long until the lion just jumped at her.

"Kraven! Do something!" She let a silent scream in fright, closing her eyes as she dropped down to her knees. She really didn't want to have her eyes open and watch just how the lion ate her alive. The shout was probably from Spider-Man, the hero she so detested but who she would promptly kiss if she even survives this encounter. It has been his shout of worry that may save her in the end.

"Gulyadkin-"

*CRUNCH*

She heard the sound of breaking bones, and flinched slightly back. But what surprised her was that she didn't feel anything. Her eyes opened slowly, her body sagging slightly in shock as her eyes teared slightly. She would have never expected this to happen. But she was proof enough of what had happened.

"Shit... Are you alright, Calypso?" The hero asked, her eyes widening in fear. In reality, she could even believe just how the man was shrugging the teeths of the lion over his shoulder, protecting her over the mortal bite. She even felt blood, Spider-Man's blood, running down her face. Though it was swiftly removed by the ongoing rain. "Calypso?"

"You protected me... Even after all I have done to you... Why?" She whispered, her eyes dropping to the ground a bit. She glanced at Alyosha, who was now tending for his lion in care, before looking at the arachnid themed hero. She knew that he was a very selfless hero, but to even risk his life for his villains? It was almost unbelievable.

"I have promised myself that on my watch, no one will die..." His statement made her nod a bit, though her heart did skip a bit at that. She wondered if this was why Sergei was so interested in Spider-Man. Did Sergei want to be like the man behind the mask? All of Spider-Man's actions, now that she was not clouded by hate, were very similar to Sergei's own, at least when talking with her. "And I was not going to just stand by and let you die"

She couldn't even find the words to describe what she was feeling at that moment. Her hand moved towards the injury, with Alyosha already having pried off the lion called Gulyadkin from the hero's shoulder. Her hand touched the injury, which made the hero flinch. With blood still seeping from the injury very liquified, thanks to the rain.

"I..." Calypso was at loss for words, never expecting this kind of turn around. She would not lie when she says that she loathes Spider-Man with all of her heart, for taking the attention of Sergei from her. But now seeing just as he, the man who she hated, protected her from a mortal wound, she didn't know what else to think. "I am so sorry..."

"Don't worry about it... It will heal overnight" She did want to worry about it. While she wanted Alyosha to kill the arachnid in the fight she had manipulated the two of them to have against each other, she didn't know of this side of the hero. A side that really reminded her of her beloved, of Sergei. "I am just happy that you are alright..."

She said nothing, her eyes catching just how Alyosha walked away alongside his lion. She really wanted to be involved in the life of the son of her beloved, to try and care for him just as Sergei cared for her. But Alyosha was so in touch with nature that the son of Kraven didn't even know how to communicate with people around him.

"Please, at least let me return the favor..." Her eyes looked towards the lenses of the mask, and the first thing she saw was uncertainty. She couldn't judge the hero, she had just tried to get the man killed. But the least she could do was try. "Let me help you" She moved her hand instinctively, motioning for one of her followers to go towards them. And when the follower arrived, she took the bag with the dust she used for her voodoo. And instead of throwing it towards the man's face, she slowly placed it over the wound. "Just stand still..."

She moved her hands slowly, her hips following with the same technique as her hands. The slow dance made the dust react to it, giving a slight shine before helping the wounds of the hero close at a faster rate. She stopped her dance, watching with a smile just how the wound was no more.

"Thanks..." She nodded, watching just how the man swung away, leaving her right where she stood. For all intended purposes, the hero would have normally webbed her up and left her there for the police to capture her. But he didn't, and that is what made Calypso's lips twitch slightly into a smirk.

She wanted to know him better, her heart had been beating against her chest once more. She had been feeling dead inside ever since Sergei killed himself. But now knowing that there was yet another man who protected her and cared for her, her heart wanted that closure. She just needed one more moment with him, a moment to be together with the spider at last.