Chapter 150

Don’t stop.

I guide our lips back together, gently this time. I don’t want to take his choices from him, I just want him to see that I know what I want.

Over my time in Italy, I’ve been forced to relinquish so much of what makes me who I am, suppressing everything that is May Parker until I began to forget who I was supposed to be. That veil is lifted as I stroke my lips against his, his hand tightening in my hair until slowly by slowly, our lips connect, skin to skin, until he can't stop it.

This. Just this.

Kissing him, from the first moment we found each other I could feel there was something about him. If past lives really exist, then I know this isn’t the first time we’ve met. This isn’t our first kiss like this, we know each other too well.

I run my nails up his neck and into his hair, scratching at his skin enough for it to send a tremble down his spine. Our lips part, our tongues seeking contact, soft and slow yet deep and heavy. This isn’t a rushed kiss, it's one that leaves a mark much further than what can be seen on the surface.

Even the way he touches me; savouring me, giving me every opportunity to say stop whilst knowing I never will.

Everyone knows the story of fire and ice, I’ve always felt like both and neither at the same time, but now as his hand slips under my shirt and tantalizes my waist, I realize how warm it is. Jordano’s touch always cooled me, he was my ice, frozen and unyielding. Kage has always been hot, my fire, burning with passion and keeping me alive even in the moments I feel closest to death.

It’s not safe for us in this country, I’m not even sure how safe it is for us in the world anymore, yet I feel completely untouchable in his hold. He isn’t forcing me to do what he wants with words, he isn't leading me to the outcome he desires with broken promises that will soon feel obsolete. Instead he’s stroking at the most precious places in my soul, caressing my scars until they feel non-existent.

He’s finding me. Lost as I am, he is what will bring me back again.

That’s who he is; he’s the safety of home, the one thing I thought I was running from but have learned on my way that it’s what I truly need.

I never needed to escape, I just needed to find me. In his arms, I know what I am.

“Don’t stop.”

“I wont. I won’t stop.” Please don’t.

He runs his hand up my stomach, trailing it straight between my boobs and leaving it against my chest, where he can feel my heart beating only for him.

I wait for him to grab my throat, to hold me down, to try to make me submit... but he doesn’t, he just soothes my skin, gently brushing his fingertips over my nipple when he brings his hand back down again.

He knows what I want but a part of him is still fighting with it, so I reach down and grab the hem of my shirt before pulling it clean off my body.

Is that better?

“Fuck...” I’ll take that as a yes. “How are you so fucking beautiful? No one should be allowed to be this beautiful...” His eyes roam over my figure, before I take his shirt and pull it off too, the moonlight bouncing off his mocha skin and highlighting the art of his body.

He is a walking masterpiece.

“What are you thinking there?” He grins.

“That you’re fucking gorgeous.” That just makes him smile more. I live for that smile.

I pull him straight back to me, pressing our naked torsos together as our lips find each other immediately. Usually my head would be working overtime now, my brain spitting out a multitude of things I never want to hear, but the air conditioning unit hums behind us like white noise and drowns out the voices in my head that are screaming anything but his name.