Familiar Faces

~~~Loki's pov~~~

What? Get who out of where? This makes no sense! The least this mysterious voice could do is specify some names!

"Are you guilty or not guilty sir?" The woman who looked like a judge asked me.

I went on to say that I wasn't guilty and that the Avengers were the reason I took the Tesseract in the first place.

Apparently, the Avengers, and that alternate-future version of me, were supposed to travel back in time, but I was never supposed to escape.

Oh, and another fun fact. These lunatics arrest and kill people for not following what three space lizards say is the right timeline.

I tried to get out of the situation by using my magic, but that didn't work either. No magic is allowed at the TVA.

Following that, the judge sentenced me to be reset. I don't think that's a good thing, do you?

Then a man named Mobius got her to change her mind, and then led me out of the room, which confused me immensely.

"Are you taking me somewhere to kill me?" I questioned seriously after we had left the courtroom.

"No. That's where you just were. I'm taking you someplace to talk." He quipped as we rounded the corner.

"I don't like to talk." I said shortly, my distrust of the man growing.

"But you do like to lie. Which you just did. Because we both know you love to talk. Talkie-talkie." He called me out and used the accompanying hand gestures.

I stayed silent for a while after that, thoughts of the little girl I'd seen when I first got here flooding my mind.

She reminded me of someone, I just didn't know who.

I think Mobius was confused by my silence and raised a brow. "What are you thinking about? I'm betting it's either how to escape or how to take over the TVA."

I rolled my eyes at his very creative thought process. "How original, but no. I saw a little girl, a child, when I was brought here. Who was she?"

"Oh! Yeah, that's Linda. She's the daughter of one of my analyst friends, Catherine." He answered, much to my surprise.

"But that video I was shown said that the time-keepers created everyone here. How does that work?"

He stopped walking for a moment, most likely never having thought about that before. "I actually don't know..." He murmured as we came upon a door. "After you."

I hesitated, but walked in to see the little girl from before sitting at a table with a woman who I assumed was her mother, but I didn't know for sure, as I still couldn't see her face.

Finally, the woman turned around, and a pang of recognition went through me.

She had long, dark brown hair, gorgeous hazel eyes, and the lighting of the room did nothing but accentuate her already striking features.

She was, and I don't use this word lightly, absolutely beautiful.

On top of all that, I could have sworn I had seen her somewhere before. I knew I had. And that little girl too. But for the life of me, I couldn't remember where...

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I asked after a moment of silence.

She looked at me, brows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Never mind." I shook my head, finally able to tear my eyes away from her.

Mobius then took a step forward to introduce us. "This is my partner, Agent Catherine, who I told you about before, and her daughter, Linda."

I nodded, and turned to the little girl who had walked up to me.

"Hi!" She smiled, looking up at me with pure, childlike joy.

How she was able to maintain any form of happiness in this place was a miracle in and of itself.

It was then that I noticed something I hadn't before. She was wearing a necklace. A locket to be specific.

Looking at it, I couldn't shake the sense that I had seen it before.

I'd been having that feeling a lot lately. First with the little girl herself, then her mother, and now this necklace.

It couldn't all be a coincidence, could it?

"Hello." I smiled back at the girl, crouching down to her level to talk. "I like your locket. You know, green's my favorite color too." I winked before resuming my standing position.

"Thank you." She giggled, hopping up and down excitedly.

Then I noticed Mobius and Catherine staring at me. In their defense, they were probably expecting a more violent approach to the whole situation.

For an agency that claims to oversee all of time, they seem to know nothing about me.

Did they seriously think I was going to harm a child? Some see me as a monster, but I doubt even a real monster would stoop that low.

Before finding out about my true parentage, I was rather fond of children. While Thor and his idiot friends went off looking for a fight, I would stay in the village, talking or playing with the children there.

That only stopped once I knew I was a Frost Giant. I didn't want to risk hurting anyone, especially not defenseless children.

But I know the TVA doesn't see me that way, nor do Mobius or Catherine. They see me as the god who tried to take over Midgard.

Do they really not know about the mind control?

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

This was not what I expected.

I was told that all Loki variants were unapproachable and violent, but this one was different.

I had not prepared for this.