Miss Minutes vs Jet-Ski Magazine

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

"Why can't I go with you and Loki?" Linda asked me as we walked to where the god in question was training.

"Because the variant can't be trusted. Not yet. So, until we get back, you'll be staying with Miss Renslayer." I answered.

I didn't like how quickly she had become fond of him. She's never done this with any other variant before.

I knew that if we had to end up pruning him, she would be heartbroken.

She's always felt bad for the variants we've had to prune. And she rarely ever talked to them. The fact that she's become friends with this variant is going to make the whole process a lot harder.

And let's face it. Once this variant helps us catch the fugitive variant, he'll be pruned. They won't have any other use for him then.

But if I can change that, I will.

"Why don't you go get him for me?" I suggested, gently nudging her in the direction of the analyst area of the TVA.

"Okay!" She smiled before skipping off around the corner.

~~~Loki's pov~~~

Since agreeing to help the TVA catch this fugitive variant of me, I had undergo training with Miss Minutes, who was a holographic projection of a talking clock.

I was also presented with a TVA uniform to wear for the foreseeable future.

It was just a white button up shirt with a brown tie, dark brown pants, and black shoes, but it was surprisingly comfortable.

Nothing could possibly be worse than that jumpsuit I had to wear when I got here.

"Okay, y'all, let's review what we've learned!" The clock spoke up with its obnoxious southern accent. "What happens when a nexus event branches past Red Line?"

"Very bad things." I responded absentmindedly, flipping through a magazine I had found on the desk.

"Come on, Loki. What is it?" This time the clock sounded annoyed.

How does a clock have emotions exactly?

I sighed reluctantly, but I gave my actual answer to make this all end quicker. "It's when the TVA can no longer reset a nexus event."

"Right. And that would lead to the destruction of the timeline and the collapse of reality as we know it."

Well, that was dark.

"Can you hear me?" I raised a brow questioningly. "Are you a recording or are you alive?"

"Sorta both."

Oh, well, keeping that interesting fact in mind...

I rolled up the magazine I was holding and started hitting the clock with it, which it definitely did not appreciate.

Oh, how I hated that clock.

I don't know why. I just find it very annoying.

Hitting it with that magazine was probably the best part of my day. Well, that and spending time with Linda. She's a very sweet little girl.

Over the past day or so, she had been trailing me everywhere, talking to me whenever possible. And I couldn't say I minded it.

As I was using the magazine against the strange hologram, I heard familiar laughter behind me, so I turned around and saw Linda standing behind me in the cubicle.

"Why are you laughing? I thought you liked the creepy clock." I joked, but still slightly intrigued. If she was the daughter of a TVA employee, then she should be more fond of the clock.