Roxxcart

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

After returning from our little apocalyptic field trip, Linda, Loki, and I looked through some files to see if we could find anything while Mobius went to get the all-clear from Ravonna.

We were looking through all the apocalypses on Earth between the years 2048 and 2051 to find one that had a candy called Kablooie.

Linda found the file, but before we could tell Mobius, we all fell asleep, I guess. Because the next thing I knew, Loki was waking me up.

~~~Loki's pov~~~

"Wow! You're getting better at that. It's been almost five minutes. Have you been practicing?"

"Yeah! Cassie and Lila have been helping me!"

"I suppose we'll have to schedule some more playdates with them then."

I woke up with a start. That wasn't a dream. It felt too real. I could hear Linda's voice. I could hear Catherine as well. But I don't ever remember...

This is too many strange coincidences happening at once for my theory not to be right.

But I have no evidence that's what's really going on.

I shook my head. It was nothing—just an overactive imagination.

Then I turned and saw both Linda and Catherine asleep. I smiled to myself. They both looked so peaceful...

I sighed, knowing that I had to at least wake Catherine up. We were supposed to meet up with Mobius if we found the file.

"Catherine?" I gently shook her awake, trying not to startle her.

"Crap, did we fall asleep?" She asked, waking up, rubbing her eyes.

"Yes, it seems so." I nodded.

"Okay, we have to bring this file to Mobius. You go on ahead. I'll wake Linda up."

"The girl looks exhausted. We should let her sleep. But we can't leave her here."

"I can take her to Ravonna's office and she can stay there until we get back." She suggested, gathering up the files.

"Let me take her. You're Mobius' partner after all. I can meet up with you in the locker room when it's time to go." I insisted.

"Fine. Just take her straight to her office." She nodded before leaving the area.

I turned back to Linda, finding her still sound asleep. It just seemed cruel to wake her up now.

I gently picked her up and she instantly looped her arms around my neck, making my heart do flips.

Why does she do this to me?

~

We were almost at Renslayer's office when she finally woke up.

"Where are we going?" She asked sleepily, holding back a yawn.

"Look who's finally awake." I smiled as I set her down on the ground. "Your mother, Mobius, and I are going to catch the variant. You're going to stay with Renslayer until we get back. Okay?"

Her eyes widened with panic. Something I haven't seen since I first got here.

"Linda, you know you can talk to me, right? What's wrong?" I knelt at her level.

I may have only known her for a few days, but I still care about her.

"I can't." She whispered, shaking her head. "I can't."

I know she can't talk freely while in the TVA. But if she was out in the field with us...

"Please don't leave me here. Please. Not with her."