Chapter 2

Chapter 2

There were only two annoying things about Colton. The first one being that he insisted on taking me out before we slept together. So here I was, putting on a very tight dress with open cleavage, hoping it would encourage him to speed through dinner just a little quicker.

I adjusted my tits in the dress, it truly clung to me like a second skin. With thin little straps and a low neckline, it bared my double D's just well enough to get me whatever I wanted. I had never really been shy with my body. I knew I was built well, thanks to my rigorous gym routine. Still, I wouldn't want to run into my brother or Tristan dressed like this.

Fixing my hair, I threw on a jacket to cover up and gave myself a last look in the mirror

Fuck, I needed this.

Colton and I made small talk on the way to the restaurant, he had one hand resting on my thigh as he drove and babbled on about how his coach was giving him a hard time. Meanwhile, I spaced out and thought about how much I wanted him to give me a hard time later this evening.

Colton was well built, playing school football would do that to a guy. Thankfully, he wasn't the brain-dead stereotype you'd think a football player would be. He could actually carry on an intelligent conversation and seemed to care about his grades.

"So, what made you want to see me?" he brought up, as I trailed my fingers up his wrist and arm. I was trying to be seductive, but he was actually waiting for a response.

"Just thought of you, plus I really needed a night out, you know?" I didn't mean to sound so detached, but I truly could not care less about this part of the night. I was never too great with hiding my emotions. I was a player and I completely embraced it. There was nothing wrong with a young college student going out and having some fun every now and again.

"Right, yeah, I feel you. But you know, I wouldn't mind seeing you more often. You can hit me up whenever you feel like it."

There. There it was. The second thing wrong with him. The man was as clingy as a puppy, he was shameless about wanting a relationship even though I'd made it very clear that I was only in it for the short run. I'd like to say it was my busy schedule, or a commitment issue, or whatever normal excuse there is. But to be honest, I just couldn't endure another one.

"I know," I responded, forcing a smile for him.

Dinner droned on by, but I tried my best to talk and seem interested. I asked how his classes were going and which one he liked the most, then geared towards how good he looked and how appreciative he must be of all his physical activities. I gave him a knowing smile as I said that one, to which he responded with, "Honestly, I wish I could just get a break. I'm so tired of all early morning trainings and practises. It's exhausting."

My smile dropped while I used all my strength not to roll my eyes. Take the hint, Colton.

"What have you been up to lately?" he asked as he took a bite of the pasta.

"Nothing crazy, just classes and interning, the usual. Oh, by the way, if you know of any hotels or Airbnb's on campus that aren't shitty or run down, let me know. My brother's friend is visiting and he—"

"—oh jeez, is he creepy or just annoying?" Colton prodded.

"Yes," I responded with a slight chuckle. To be fair, I'd swap creepy out with frightening, but it still pretty much summed it up.

Colton beamed; I think he was proud of making me laugh.

"Well, homecoming weekend is approaching so I don't think you'll find anything great until Monday or Tuesday. Can't you just stay with a friend?"