part eight

Max and I exchanged a look, we both knew who that was. We both ran to the window, "Shit."

"It's our brother. He can't know we're here. He will kill me and Izzy. He'll kill us."

I looked at Steve frantic, god we are so dead. I stood still looking at the window, "God damn it! What are gonna do?" I turned to Steve who was already thinking.

"I'll be back." Steve said.

"Steve listen, my brother is a complete and total psycho. Be careful with what you say." He nodded and then I turned to Max and the kids. "Max walk away from the windows, all of you. And stand behind me." They did as I asked.

I could hear the two of them talking outside. "Maybe he will just leave." Dustin said hopeful.

I flipped around towards him as did Max. "I'd say our odds of that is one to three million."

"We're all dead" Max said. I gave her hand a quick squeeze before looking back at the door guarding the kids. I turn my head for two seconds and the kids are lined up looking at Steve and Billy.

I run over to them, "What the hell are you doing." As I try to get them away Billy and Steve look our way. We all duck down. "Shit!" We run over to where we were supposed to be.

The door swings open and Billy is staring at us. "Well, well, well." He slams the door behind him. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise." He begins to walk towards us. I step in front of Lucas.

"Billy, you need to leave." He just eyes me for a minute then looks towards Max.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him Max."

"Billy go away."

"You disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me."

"Billy."

"I break things." He shoved me over making me stumble he grabs Lucas by the collar of his jacket and pins him against the wall. Everyone is yelling, and I think I am too, i'm not sure. "Since Maxine won't listen to me maybe you will. You stay away from her." He slams him against the wall again. "Stay away from her! You hear me?" He's screaming now.

"I said get off me!" Lucas knees him in the groined and Billy doubles over.

"You are so dead Sinclair! You're dead."

Steve spins Billy around, "No. You are." And punches him in the face.

"Steve!" Me and Max yell, god this wasn't happening. Billy laughs and I pull Lucas with us.

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all huh? I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

"Get out." Steve said putting his hands on Billy's chest pushing him out of his face. Billy pulls his hand back and swings at Steve, he dodged the blow.

Steve nails him in the face making him fall against the table. I gasp and put my hand over my mouth.

"Yes! Kick his ass Steve!" Dustin cheers. Steve punches him again in the face. "Murder the son of a bitch!" He hits him again, Mike and Dustin are yelling and cheering Steve on while i'm terrified holding Max hand.

Billy is against the sink and grabs a plate smashing it on Steve's head. "Steve!" I scream. Billy throws another punch on Steve. Steve stumbles into the living room, Billy follows and grabs him by the shirt.

"No one tells me what to do." Steve goes to push Billy away but Billy head buts Steve sending him flying across the room. Everyone is yelling for Steve to get up and hit him. Billy rolls Steve over and straddles him punching him again and again. He's screaming as he's doing it.