Peeping Thoma

Uyuu Restaurant, Inazuma City. Second floor

He was the hidden hand behind so much that moved on Narukami Island. His name was respected and feared among all the clans that served the Shogun. His seemingly effortless mastery of people and politics was impressive to his allies and frightening to his enemies. His smile hid so much, yet this ineffability spoke volumes. The patrician enigma that was Kamisato Ayato sat across from Sara and Kokomi, whilst Ayaka, who had briefly stepped out for a bathroom break, was back with them, and she sat down beside her brother, who was smiling impassively at a nervous Kokomi and Sara.

They were doing their best not to look it, although their hearts were pounding in their ears and their throats dry. Ayato's gaze, telling little yet a great deal at the same time, overwhelmed Kokomi's, and for just one moment, she felt a slight chill run down her back, briefly wondering if she'd done the right thing in roping Ayaka into her BDSM lifestyle.

"Please," said Ayato suddenly, gesturing with one hand and picking up his chopsticks with another. Ayaka dutifully followed, and Sara started. "Why the sudden nervous silence? Surely, it's not because you're afraid of me?"

"I'm the Tenryou commissioner, commander of Shogun-sama's army," said Sara bravely, picking up her hot green tea and taking a sip. "I'm anything but afraid of you."

"You're what they call a bottom," replied Ayato casually, as he picked up a slice of beef and swirled it about in the bubbling broth. "You reek of slavish submission, Kujou Sara. It positively seeps out from you. I can see why Yae Miko enjoys tormenting you, and why I can sense your longing to obey every word from the lady sitting beside you."

Sara promptly spat out her tea, nearly spraying her bowl and utensils. Ayaka blushed and bowed her head, unable to look at anyone. Sara gazed down at her lap, her fists clenched as she tried in vain to will herself to disappear into thin air. "Just let me dissolve into nothingness," she muttered to herself, as Kokomi recovered first. Kokomi gulped but kept a firm gaze on the Yashiro commissioner.

"Then there's no need to beat around the bush, is there, Kamisato-dono? You presume to know us quite well. Do you know what Ayaka wants, then? Do you respect what she wants?"

"Of course, I do. I know my darling little sister better than anyone. And she tells me everything. Why do you think I know that Sara is a bottom? I would never have known that just by looking at you, tengu," said Ayato, bursting into mildly teasing laughter as he focused on Sara mercilessly. "As you said – you're the Tenryou commissioner. Who would've known you enjoy being tied up and tormented by smaller women?"

"Ayaka," whispered Sara, shooting Ayaka a chagrined glare. "Kokomi, you dirty – " she cried more shrilly, noticing Kokomi unable to help snickering in agreement.

"Sorry, Sara," squeaked Ayaka, face in her hands. "Onii-sama, you're having too much fun with the ladies. Please, just cut to the chase. It's embarrassing enough for me to listen to what you're about to suggest. You don't need to tease us any further."

Ayato scooped several cubes of tofu into the soup, completely at ease as Sara and Ayaka reeled from embarrassment. "Yes. As my darling sister said, I have a proposition for you," he said, though his tone indicated that it was less a proposal than a condition.

"Let's hear it, Kamisato-dono," said Kokomi, smiling sideways at Sara. She didn't mind getting busted by Ayato – after all, everyone on Narukami Island knew that she was the proprietor of Watatslutty Toys. But while it was amusing to know that Ayato took what Ayaka shared with him in good stride, she was impatient to know what the Kamisato family head had in mind.

"I see that you three are in the midst of arranging what seems to be a fascinating, tripartite adventure in love and affection," said Ayato, stroking his chin, lifting some cooked pork slices and strands of egg and putting them into Ayaka's bowl. He gestured for Kokomi and Sara to lift theirs, and he scooped them helpings of fragrant, soup-soaked carrots and radish. "An exploration unbound by social mores or expectations, governed only by mutual consent and beyond that, the sky's the limit."