Oscar Emboaba #1

My best friend, Thiago Silva has decided to bring me along on a double date. We have known each other since I can remember but the other guy who I will be on the date with, I have no clue who he is. Thiago won't tell me, all he has told me is that he plays for the Brazil national football team. He said not to be scared, the person is really kind and sweet. I've decided to wear some blue jeans and a white blouse with some red vans.

"Are you ready y/n," Thiago shouted up the stairs, "My date and I are ready and your date is probably already there, we need to go!"

"I'm coming, give me one second," I shouted back. I grabbed my phone and handbag and walked down the stairs. "Let's go then,"

Thiago drove us there, we was going to an Italian restaurant. "So y/n meet my date - Laura, Laura meet my best friend - y/n," Thiago said smiling.

"Hey, nice to meet you Laura," I politely said to her, she seemed like a nice girl. I hope she is, I don't want anyone breaking my best friends heart.

"Hey y/n, nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you, and the guy that's gonna be your date, is definitely your type," she said and winked at me.

"Looks like we are here girls," Thiago said as we got out the car and walked to the restaurant.

"There he is," Thiago said, signalling for someone to come over. "Y/N meet Oscar, Oscar meet y/n,"

Woah, he's attractive. Dressed in his black jeans and red button up shirt.

"Hey y/n, nice to meet you," he said to me politely.

"Hey Oscar, nice to meet you too," I said back quite shyly.

We all went and sat down at our reserved table. Thiago sat next to Oscar, opposite Laura and I sat next to Laura, opposite Oscar. The waitress came along and asked us what we wanted to drink, we all ordered lemonade. She later brought over our drinks.

"So y/n, what is your job," Oscar asked.

"I work as a hairdresser, I'm guessing your a footballer as you also play with Thiago at Brazil," I replied.

"Yes haha, I also play for Chelsea which is a London football team, I'm guessing you've heard of them since you live in London," Oscar chatted back.

"Oh yes I've heard of them, I support them! Oh wait, I recognise you now, your the no.8," I replied, I can't believe I didn't realise that.

"Correct, you definitely support the right team!" Oscar said smirking.

The waitress then came along and asked us all what we wanted to eat. Laura ordered carbonara, Thiago ordered the same. Oscar ordered a pepperoni pizza and I ordered a cheese pizza. It wasn't long until she brought the food over and we all ate in silence, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was just that we was all devouring our food. We decided not to stay for dessert because we weren't hungry after our humongous main courses, we were also all very tired.

As we were walking out Oscar turned to me and said, "y/n I'd love to get to know you more and I was wondering if you would go on another date with me, but just us. What do you think?"

I quickly replied, "Oscar, I'd love to, I'd love to go on another date and I'd love to get to know more about you,"

He gave me his phone and I typed in my number. "I'll text you later," he said, "can't wait to see you again,"

You noticed that Thiago and Laura were getting into the car and signalling for you to come over. "I can't wait either, I think I should go, Thiago and Laura are waiting for me," I replied.

"Okay, see you soon, oh wait I forgot this," he said and kissed your cheek. He then smiled and walked back to his car.

I walked back to Thiago's car. I couldn't stop thinking about Oscar, I can't wait to see him again.

•••

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed :)
Please vote if you liked it and comment on what you liked and what I can improve on :)

- Emily