[ 𝟙𝟟 ] a n o t h e r

| 26th November |

I barely slept. Sirius had stayed with me for the remainder of the night, arms wrapped around me. I tried my best to fall asleep, but it wouldn't happen. Thoughts ran around in my head. One of them continuously haunting me.

I didn't want to become a trophy wife.

I highly doubted Sirius would make me that, but it still hung around in my mind. The way I'd been brought up was with the knowledge that I would become that, whether I like it or not. It was hard to change the way you think if you'd been brought up that way.

"Morning love." Sirius groggily whispered, nuzzling his face into my neck. My eyelids fluttered shut as his lips moved slowly against the skin of my neck.

"Morning." I murmured, relaxing into his embrace.

"You have no idea what you do to me."

I laughed quietly, "Trust me, I do. You spent the entirety of our honeymoon proving it."

He chuckled against my skin, pulling back and looking me in the eyes.

"What's your Animagus form?" I questioned, his fingers running through my hair.

"Black dog. Just as handsome as me."

"Must be rather scruffy then." I playfully responded.

His jaw dropped, playing along, "This hair is a masterpiece. You don't understand the time and love I put into caring and nurturing it."

I couldn't help but burst out laughing. In a split second, he was hovering over me.

"Are you laughing at my hair?"

"Would you believe me if I said no?" I breathed out between laughs.

He smiled, kissing me passionately. I moaned against his lips, reluctantly pulling back before he carried on.

"I have to shower, Sirius." I whined, getting up and heading to the bathroom.

He smirked, "Is that an invitation?"

"Sirius! Not when we are guests at the Potter's!" I quickly closed the door.

"Why not?!"

I rolled my eyes, a smile sneaking onto my lips.

That man...

I managed to have a shower alone, and Sirius and I then went grocery shopping. El and Remus had informed us that they were engaged; which Sirius squealed at. They also invited us to come with them to the Tonks's that night for dinner. Sadly, Mia and Fleamont Potter left, promising to write and visit as often as they could. Though I hadn't been with them long, it was hard to see them off.

It was insanely awkward. Despite the Tonks' house usually being a comfortable place, the tenseness between Ted and Remus was undeniable. Although I hate to say it, I was relieved to leave.

| 27 November |

It was finally El's day - and she was unbelievably stressed. When Andy came in to help the bride finish getting ready (and calm her nerves), I quietly left the two alone. Seeing my husband amongst small groups of people, I found myself walking over. He was currently talking with James, Lily, and two other women I'd seen briefly at my own wedding.

The tallest was tanned, with dark curly hair, the other rather petite with blonde hair and freckles. When Sirius's gaze found me, his face lit up. His arm wrapped around my waist as soon as I was within reach.

"Dorcas, Marlene," he began, motioning to the two strangers, "this is my wife, Alexandra Black."

"Wonderful to meet you." The dark haired woman, Dorcas, said, while Marlene smiled widely, pulling me into a hug.

"I finally get to meet the woman who managed to tie down Sirius!"

I laughed, hugging the woman back, "Nice to meet both of you. I wish I'd gotten the chance to talk to you at the reception!"

"All good." Dorcas responded, "My girlfriend and I needed to leave early anyway."

As I conversed with the two women, I found out that they were dormmates with Lily at school and had gotten together in the last year at Hogwarts. Marlene was a rather extroverted person – and I found myself alike to her as we talked. She had a fun personality and enjoyed a good laugh. Dorcas on the other hand, was more on the quiet side, yet still spoke out every now and then. The woman was quite cautious.

By the time I left to wait for El at the beginning of the aisle, I was already drained. Sirius's arm was still around my waist as I waited.

"Shouldn't you go over to Remus now? He and James are waiting." I motioned to them.

"And leave my gorgeous wife?" He responded.

"Well, as gorgeous as I am, your friend is getting married now."

He passionately kissed me, winking as he left, "I expect my reward for this tonight."

When the bride came, a vision in white, I was still a red mess. The ceremony flew by, and the romantic vows made my eyes mist. Although, my husband was rather distracting. If he wasn't looking at the couple, his gaze was on me. When the reception came, and I'd had at least one drink, I stood up to give my maid of honour speech.

"Hello all! For those who don't know me, I'm Alexandra Black, the bride's maid of honour. Let me begin with telling you how amazing this woman that Remus is so fortunate to be married to. El is the sweetest person, and her dedication to every aspect of her life makes her a remarkable friend, daughter, and sister. She is the kind of woman to wake you up with breakfast in bed, and a bright smile. Remus; if you don't treat my best friend with the kind of respect she deserves, sleep with one eye open – I'm warning you! So, a toast. To the bride and groom. May they be happy together; and live a life of love and luck!"

As we toasted, I winked to my best friend, mouthing, 'to your happiness'.

James and Sirius both spoke for Remus (apparently if you got one, you also had to take the other).

When the reception came to an end, I wished my friend good luck, knowing what would happen that night. Sirius and I left for home, so exhausted we all but fainted on the bed. The reward Sirius wanted turned out to be hugs in bed; for the number of drinks we had wore us out.