[ 𝟙𝟡 ] t h e r e

| 28 November | 

Ironically, it was raining. I'd walked around, aimlessly, until the sun had gone down. All day, all I thought about was how Regulus came, and left, then the argument that Sirius and I had. 

I hated that we fought. It was the first time since we'd married. It was the first time ever. Sure, over the last little while we'd had ups and downs - who doesn't? But this time... 

Everything was out. If we hadn't know every little thing about each other, we sure did now. I regretted the words I said now. As much as they had to be out there, it felt like I'd hurt myself, and him. Reliving the memories was painful, but the thing's I'd accused him of was worse.

I was a horrible person. I was a horrible wife

I didn't think he would ever forgive me. 

The things I said were unforgivable. They were cruel, and harsh, and brutal. I'd yelled at him so, so much. 

Sitting down on a bench by an empty park, the moon rising in the sky, I couldn't help but cry. Again, and again. The wind was cold, I was shivering, and as much as I cared, I also didn't. I deserved this. I was-

"LEXI!"

Running, sprinting, down the path was the one person I hadn't expected to see any time soon. It felt like an eternity, but was only seconds. The moment he stopped, kneeling before me, words came out of his mouth in a hurry. I only caught bits and pieces. 

"-out here alone in the cold-"

"-stupid argument-"

"-temper and-"

"-forgiveness. I'm-"

I'd zoned out. The only thing I cared about was himHe was here

Through my tears, I basically collapsed upon him, arms wrapping tightly around his neck. He instantly responded, holding me close. It wasn't comfortable. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't a pretty thing to look at. But what it was; rawness, pure, messy, and catastrophic. It was just me and him embracing, and that was all that mattered. 

"W-why are you her-e?" I muttered, choking on my tears. 

Sirius sat me back up on the bench, taking my hands in his own. They were big, safe, and warm - despite the bitter cold. 

"Because I care. Because despite what arguments we may get into, I will be there for you. Always." 

He spoke with such tenderness that a new round of tears started.

"Wh-what about s-space?" 

He mustered a smile. It wasn't perfect, but it was real. 

"I tried. For about 45 minutes I stayed in the house. I thought about everything. But the thing is, I couldn't stop myself from running after you. Even if I could've, I would never stop myself from finding you; from chasing you; from loving you. Alexandra Black, I love you. And that will never stop."

His heart was on his sleeve. 

"So we both don't have a happy past." He continued, "Who cares? We have a future, and that's all that matters to me. And I want my future to have you in it. We fight like cats and dogs. We both broke so much during school. But I don't want to have to live without you."

He was showing me the broken part of him. 

My tears had slowed down. I looked him in the eyes. 

"How can you say that? How can you say you love me? How can you say you care? How can you say you want me in your future? We're only married because of a law. That's the truth. Okay? If it weren't for that, we would not be together right now. I would not be a Black. I would not be your wife. And you wouldn't be my husband."

He looked heart-broken, then determination appeared. 

"I don't care about the fucking law. So it brought us together, it forced us together. But it sure as hell didn't make me fall in love with the woman in front of me. The woman who cares about whether I come home after helping Remus. The woman who laughs with me at James. The woman who helps Lily with Harry. The woman who stuck by Elizabeth despite her raising. The woman who I hope loves me back."

"I do. I do love you, Sirius Black. With all my heart." I said, looking into his loving grey eyes. 

"Then screw the law; you're my wife no matter what."

His hand went to the back of my neck, pulling me into the most passionate, most loving kiss I'd ever had with him. With anyone. It was all the words we hadn't said in one simple move.