[ 𝟙𝟞 ] s h o c k

| 25th November |

The span of 2 days was spent at the house in the forest. We loved all of it. The time frame was perfect, and we were both ready to start our life together. Besides, if we'd stayed any longer, my legs were surely going to give out. I lost track of how many times we'd had sex, but I was positive there wasn't anywhere in the house we hadn't done it on.

We dropped off our bags at home, going to the Potter's as we hadn't yet had the time to buy food for dinner. El and Lily stuck to me like glue the moments they saw me, while James kept smirking in mine and Sirius's direction.

Has he seen the hickeys...? I was sure the amount of makeup on them was enough...

Although, what confused me the most was Remus. He was sweet, but jumpy the entire night, on edge at the smallest of things. Plus, he looked like he hadn't slept in months. Maybe he was just nervous for the wedding; that was completely understandable as it was in two days.

Dinner went by quickly, and before I knew it, Lily had persuaded us to stay the night. My slightly drunk and tired self couldn't argue, so Sirius carried me up the stairs. I didn't have the energy to wonder why we couldn't drive home on his motorbike - the full moon was providing enough light surely.

When I abruptly awoke, moonlight was seeping through a gap in the curtains. Looking beside me, I noticed that Sirius wasn't there. Confused, I made my way downstairs.

Why would he not be in bed?

"Lily?"

The woman was downstairs, seated on the couch with a mug in hand.

"Andra? Everything okay?"

"Um, yes. Do you know where Sirius-"

The front door burst open, and was slammed shut. My eyes widened as I caught sight of three men stumbling inside. They all bore scratching, and blood littered their skin and clothes. James and Sirius placed a half-conscious Remus on the couch.

"What happened?!" I burst out, hands over my mouth.

Sirius looked like a deer caught in the headlights when he noticed me.

"What's all the ruckus down here-" El stood at the bottom of the stairs. When she caught sight of her injured fiancé, she hurried over to him. A hand grasped my wrist, leading me to the foyer.

"Why are you awake?" Sirius instantly questioned me.

"I woke up. More importantly, why are you three covered in blood?" I shot back, crossing my arms.

"It's not important."

"Not important!" I shouted.

"Yes!"

"Fucking hell! You're all soaked in blood! Screw not important!"

He met my heated glare with as much anger. Sighing heavily, I took a deep breath.

"Sirius, please..." I begged softly, "I'm concerned; just tell me what happened."

His hands gently held my shoulders, breathing softly, "Remus is a werewolf."

What?

"What?"

"Tonight the transformation was particularly rough..."

"How are you-?"

"James and I - along with Peter - became Animagus's in school to help him."

He looked exhausted. Stepping forward, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you for telling me." I mumbled, his arms winding around my waist. "And it's going to be okay. Remus is going to be okay."

"He hurt himself though."

"And he's going to heal. Besides, you and James won't be alone next time."

He stilled, instantly pulling back.

"No."

"What?"

"No. Nada. Zilch. Nope. Uh-uh. Not happening."

"I didn't even say anything!" I exclaimed.

"You are not becoming an Animagus. I forbid you." He crossed his arms.

"You sound like my father." I huffed.

"Good; I was concerned that calling me 'daddy' in bed wasn't enough." I was gobsmacked.

"Lexi, please!" He begged, cupping my cheeks. "I couldn't handle it if you were hurt."

"Fine." I agreed.

"Thank you, love. Now, let's get you back to bed."

I smiled, rolling my eyes at his caring nature. "And you cleaned up!" I joked.