~Gally~ Gone

"Gally, just come with us," I plead staring deep into his bright blue eyes, which are now tinged with burst blood vessels. These eyes that I looked into when I was scared and afraid, these eyes I know better than anyone here, are far away. I don't know who I'm looking at and I'm so scared he's too far gone "I belong to the maze...We all do," he tells me confirming my worst fear. When he raises the gun everything moves so slowly. I feel like I'm seeing it all out of my body, as Gally raises the gun to Thomas's chest Minho raises his spear. 

Once my brain realizes what's happening I tried to stop Minho, but the spear is flying as I collide with the runner. I am helpless to watch as the spear impacts Gally's chest, his chest the one I would fall asleep on. Now I see blood and watch him gasp for breath. I scream but I don't know what I say or if I say anything. I felt myself moves towards him at a blinding speed and I fall over him. Tears usher down our faces as our eyes meet and I feel helpless. 

I wipe his tears away but my tears fall onto his face in replacement. "Gally," I say in a strangled breath as I see him searching my eyes, and I can feel him grasping my arm tightly. He can't speak and neither can I, I feel like I feel the spear in my chest as I look at him there gasping, dying. Someone grabs my arm and I try hard to shrug them off. I don't want to leave I can't leave him. The hands grab at me more forcefully and I snap at them "leave me!" I shout but now they're pulling me off of him.

I fight hard to knock them off but they are firm. I feel myself gasp for air as I choke back the sobs. I stop fighting once the sun hits my eyes, but I don't stand to run with them either. They are forced to drag me along as my eyes linger on the door of the building that holds the love of my life whose dying. Alone. I left him to die alone. That fact I know will haunt me forever, and as they toss me into the aircraft I curl in on myself sobbing. 

It was hard to leave him in the maze, but it is so much harder now. Knowing he will not live happily in the glade, but instead lay on the cold floor of our prison. It feels unfair and wrong, why Gally? Yes, he was stubborn and could never believe in a better future, but he didn't deserve to die. I wish I'd forced him to come with us when we left the glade, but I didn't want him to hate me. Now I'd give anything for him to hate me, because at least then he'd be alive.