𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘵𝘩 𝘈𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘭𝘥+ EiMiko(ish)

Scara is mentioned to have a partner in this chapter,you may interpert whatever character you choose bc I was too lazy to pick one and make it somehow belong to the plot in a way that makes any sense, and If u hc him as ace /aro than im sorry. U can just hc that they break up later down the story in this au or smth.  (Also sorry this chapter is shit)

The chilly winter wind smacked the window that belonged to Childe and Zhongli's house, shaking the glass panel violently. The thin ice danced across the window seal, resulting in beautiful patterns curved and curled gracefully, tracing the glass panel in laces of designs. Nature's art at this time of year was exceptionally gorgeous. Childe's eyes fluttered open, slowly adjusting to the light. He arose from his deep slumber, swiftly rotating his plain of view to the opposite side of the bed to greet his lover. Much to his surprise, there was no burnet to be found dozed off next to him .

The sound of snow shuffling  noticeably outside caught Childe's attention. Curious, he stood up to investigate the odd commotion. Unexpectedly, a flash of blinding white snow exploded onto the glass. Childe flinched naturally, rushing to the window after the scare to figure out where all the racket was orriginated. He peered outside after wiping away the chilly, humid fog blocking the view of the house's exterior. Upon looking down on his driveway, he noticed his boyfriend standing still in the arctic weather. Next to him sat the paved words 'I <3 YOU' shoveled out in the snow. Zhongli stood with a warm, innocent smile to compliment the sentiment.

Childe cupped his mouth in shock, blushing intensely at the words scribbled out in front of him. He immediately grabbed a pair of boots and stuck them on. Despite Zhongli's heartwarming kindness already providing Childe natural warmth, Childe slithered into a coat sloppily. He ran outside, frantically waving his hands above his head excitedly. Zhongli held his arms wide open, expecting a loving hug to follow. As if Zhongli could predict the very future, Childe did just that. Childe collided straight into his grasp, nuzzling his shivering, red face into Zhongli's warm chest.

"I love you so much! You shouldn't have thought! Really! It's super cold out here! You should've stayed indoors with me to cuddle and keep warm!" Childe squealed, thanking him yet complaining all at once.                                                                                                                                                    

"Oh, you see I couldn't stay inside and let all this snow pile up! Someone has to shovel the snow. And I didn't want to burden you with the tedious chore of doing so." Zhongli attempted to adjust Childe's point of view.

"But I don't get cold as easily as you do! I grew up in this terrain for Archon's sake! Come inside right this instant! I will NOT stand for you catching a cold because of your selflessness." Childe demanded, failing to sound as sweet as his intentions.                                                                                        

"Hm..nope, not happening. " Zhongli refused, half teasing the irritated ginger with a dreaded playful smile.

"-MOM! I DON'T WANNA GO OUTSIDE! I ALREADY TOLD YOU I HATE THE COLD! AND THE SNOW! AND WINTER!" The voice of an angered adolescent boy yelled from across the street.

The voice of a stern woman followed soon after. "I must take pictures of you in the snow. Sit still."

"You heard your mother~ Be good for us won't you?" Another sly voice replied. 

"Ah, it's the Raiden family. " Zhongli notified Childe, ignoring the annoyed face he was displaying. 

Ei had heard the familiarly deep voice and immediately spotted Zhongli. "Mr. Zhongli," Yae took notice of the other man in his presence. "And his overly clingy boy toy." Childe heard the remark and rolled his eyes, bothered. "Zhongli, can we please go back inside? Your friends don't like me, I don't want to disturb them and their son any longer. "Childe lied, trying to frame himself to look like the victim ,paired with a fake set of puppy eyes ,and an innocent demeanor.