Chapter Five.

-Monday

It all happened so fast. It was DejaVu! The pulling of the hair, slinging them to the ground. It just happened and I don't know why nor how.

Now we were walking to the office, but this time, in handcuffs. Two officers were behind us and a crowd was watching. With blood on my shirt and knuckles, I walked in first. She looked down at my hands which were itching to get at his throat.

"Jordyan..." She sighed.

"Get these handcuffs off of me."

The cops looked at her and she nodded. I fixed my shirt and was about to walk out when she stopped me, "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going home. I'll be back in two weeks."

"Make sure your parents sign this." She said, handing me the pink slip.

I went to Tae's classroom. "Let's go." I said as I packed his things.

"Excuse me, he is taking a test." The teacher said.

I rolled my eyes and sat behind him.

"Jordyan, come here."

I groaned and walked up to her desk. I sat in one of those spinning computer chairs and leaned back, "What's good, Mrs. G?"

"What'd you do, Jordyan?"

"Andre was tripping. He pulled me by my hair and stuff! It's a repeat of last year."

She sighed, "Jordyan, you need to stop all of this getting in trouble."

"But if someone just came up behind you, pulling you out of your seat by your hair, you're just going to let them do that? That's some straight bull, bruh!"

"Here." She shook her head while handing me a notebook.

"You still got this?" I asked.

She nodded. She used to give me this book so I could let my feelings out. It was usually a daily thing until I got in seventh grade. I thought she'd thrown it away by now, but I guess not.

"Get to writing. I want at least a full paragraph by the time your brother is finished." I nodded and started writing.

~*~

"I'm done, Mrs. G."

By now, I had two pages full of my feelings. I gave her my notebook as I got my bag. "Thanks, and bye, Mrs. G."

"You're welcome. Go straight home and don't get in any trouble."

"Yes ma'am."

"What happened?" Tae asked once we got off campus.

"I got in a fight." I muttered.

"With what? Raw meat?" He joked in reference to the blood on my clothes and hands. I ignored him and kept walking. I gave him a ten so that he could go to the candy lady and checked my phone once we'd gotten on the dirt road. Two-twenty-five. Hopefully, our older brothers are home.

"Who'd you fight?"

"Why are you worried about it?"

"I just want to know," he mumbled, "you don't have to be so mean."

"Shut up, Tae, gosh! You talk so much! If I don't want to talk, I don't have to talk! Stop bombarding me with questions!" I threw my hands up, "Who do you think I fought?"

I looked him dead in the eyes. All I saw was hurt. That was the first time I've ever yelled out of anger at my brother. It hurt me just as much as it hurt him. I knew I was about to cry so I turned around and put my headphones in. He was walking about five feet behind me. Once we got to our neighborhood, I stopped, "Get in front of me."

I eyed him as he walked in front. Even then, we were still five feet apart. When we got home, I let him inside and changed my clothes. I sat on the porch outside, waiting for the boys. When they finally got home, they all looked at me confused.

"Why are you home?" Anthony questioned.

"Don't worried about it." I said bitterly.

"Don't make me hurt you li'l girl. Why are you home?"

I stayed silent. I didn't even look his direction. He opened his room door, which used to be the garage, and threw his belongings in before coming back out and staring at me. "Go inside."

I just shrugged and looked the other way. Stepping closer, he repeated, "Go inside."

"Baby boy, you must be talking to them because as you can see, I'm not going anywhere!" I pushed him off the porch. In retaliation, he snatched me and literally threw in his room.

"Don't speak to me like I'm some little kid, because I'm not!" He yelled, "I'm older than you and I'm the one in charge! All I did was ask a simple question. I didn't ask for your stank attitude."

I rolled my eyes, "Can I leave?"

"No! Answer my question!"

I rolled my eyes again and got up to leave, but he pulled me back by my hair. That's when I blacked out, thinking about earlier. After tripping him to the floor, we starting fighting like dogs and I didn't know what was going on! All I knew was that I was throwing hands and getting them thrown at me.

"Yo, yo, yo!" I heard Marq yell as him and Chris pulled us apart. "Y'all are blood! Y'all can't fight over some stupid bull like this!"

"Now Jordyan, why are you home so early?" Chris asked while I glared at Anthony. Both of us were breathing hard with sweat and blood dripping from us.

"I got in a fight and left."

"Where's Tae?" Marq asked.

"Probably in his room."

"Why didn't you leave him at school?"

"I didn't want to."

"Okay." Chris went to get him. When they got back, Tae looked as if he'd been crying.

"What's wrong with you?" Anthony asked.

"I yelled at him." I answered nonchalantly.

"Why?"

I told him it was because he talks to much and he told me not to yell at his brother. "Jit, he my little brother too. I can do whatever I want." After hearing that, he balled his fist as if he was about to fight me again.

"Chill, Anthony."

"You're going to get enough of talking to me like I'm your friend because I'm not."

"Whatever." He grabbed my feet, yanking me off of the bed. We would've started fighting again, but Marq and Chris pulled us apart.

"Y'all two need chill!" Chris screamed.

I just cracked my knuckles and locked myself in my room. I know it seems that my life is a little dysfunctional, but it's not. I'd be lying if I said that we're just playing with each other, but we don't hate each other neither.