Chapter Eight

*Wonders how I got four comments and two votes, knowing I asked for the other way around.*

-One Week Later

The plane ride was pretty decent, aside from the whole popping of my ears. Once I arrived in S.C, I brought some new ear buds just because I liked them.

A boy named Jamil sat next to me on the flight. He's pretty cool people to be from South Carolina. He's fifteen and says that there's a lot of block parties where he's from.

" So where's your mom?" He asked.

"I don't know. My dad said she'll call me, but-" I got cut off by my phone vibrating in my pocket, "Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"Getting coffee."

"Well come on. We're by the bags."

"Okay." I put my phone back in my pocket and grabbed my coffee, "My mom is waiting."

"Mine too."

We both walked downstairs to the bags, "Hey, Jamil."

"Hey mama, this is Jordyan."

I looked up to see a milk chocolate lady, about five-foot-nine. She had long black hair that laid mid-back with a bang in the front.

"Hi, Jordyan."

"What's up?" I did a quick nod.

"Um? Not much."

She smiled, but I could tell she thought lowly of me. Who wouldn't? I'm a girl wearing black Levi's cargos, a dark blue hoodie, Converse low-tops without any socks, and I'm acting like, well, a kid from the ghetto.

"Oh my Lord."

I looked up to see a woman, maybe in her thirties, but dressed like she's in her twenties. She sounds like my mom.

"Hey, Frankie." Jamil's mom said.

"Hey, Kira." [Kear-Rah] She smiled at me, "Are you ready, Jay?"

I stared at her, "What?"

"Are you ready?" She repeated.

I sighed. I'm not trying to get in trouble. She's not worth it... Yet. I grabbed my bags and switched the song on my iPod.

"I got this." A dude around my mom's age said.

Normally, I'd do it myself, but I'm feeling pretty lazy right now. I followed distantly behind them. We made our way to a tan Expedition.

"Jay, what are you listening to?" The man asked.

I was pretending to be sleep so they'll leave me alone. It took us about an hour to get to the house. It's a two story beige house with white trimming. My house back in Detroit was big, but not this big! It was a one story house that originally had four rooms, but my dad made the garage a room so that Anthony and Marq could share.

They led me up to a big black and green room, "Dinner is at six, showers at eight, bed by nine-thirty." Frankie announced.

I jerked in laughter. First off, I eat when I want to, shower when I want to, and sleep when I want to.

"Your sisters are at Nana's house and so are your brothers." She said, completely ignoring my laughing.

"So it's five of us?"

"Yep, but you're the oldest."

"That means they look up to you." The man said.

"What's your name?"

"Oh, you don't remember me?" He chuckled, "I'm Caleb."

"You can just call him C, though." Frankie said.

I nodded, "They'll be back before dinner. In the meantime, you can venture around outside and meet new people."

"Don't get in trouble." C added.

I nodded again and walked outside. S.C is different. It's not that many fights and cops around.

"Aye girl!"

I looked up to see a boy leaning on the fence. "What?"

"Come here, shawty."

Rolling my eyes, I made my over to him.

"What's your name?"

"Jordyan, yours?"

"Tyrone. How old are you?"

"Fourteen, you?"

"Fifteen. You're pretty cute." He smiled.

"Thanks, you are, too."

"Where do you live?"

"Uh, down the street, I guess."

"You guess? You don't know where you live?"

"I'm from Detroit. I got sent here so I could live with my mom."

"Oh, cool. You were in a foster home?"

"No, I lived with my dad and four brothers. I was just a bad kid and my father couldn't take it anymore."

"Shoot," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I thought we had something in common.

"What do you mean?"

"I used to be in a foster home. They sent me here awhile back to live with my mom." He shrugged, "What school do you go to?"

"I don't know, yet. I legit just got here about two hours ago."

"Hopefully, you go to my school."

"Aren't you in high school?"

"Aren't you?"

"No, my birthday is late."

"Oh, it doesn't matter. Middle and high school are put together."

"Oh alright."

"What's your mama name?"

"Frankie."

"Hold, on. Frankie and Caleb?"

"Yes."

"They throw the best block parties!"

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong?"

"I miss my fam up in D-Town. I don't want to stay here."

"Just give it a chance." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "I guarantee you'll love it."