Chapter Fourteen.

I woke up to the sound of coughing and groaning. It's been two weeks since Andre was shot. He's out of the hospital, but he still needs to be really cared for. He had massive blood loss and the wounds in his chest, by his ribs, and stomach are still trying to heal.

I grabbed a bottle of water, his antibiotics, and painkillers and headed to his room. The sun was beaming down on the bed and he was hugging himself while rolling uncomfortably on the bed.

"Hey, here. It's time for you to take this."

"I want to sleep." He whimpered.

"No, you want to cry. I know you're in a lot of pain right now so just take the pills. Then, I'll give you something that can knock you right out."

A sly smirk appeared upon his face, "I know what can knock me right out. And it involves you."

"Yeah, my way involves me, too, but it also involves my foot in your butt. Now take this before I shove it down your throat."

"Dang, bae. I'm over here in pain from taking shots from your boyfriend and you're treating me like it doesn't even matter."

"I'm sorry, Andre. I really am." I extended my arm, handing him the medicine and water.

"Thanks."

"For?"

"Everything you're doing and everything you have done. You don't have to be here, but you are. And when Tyrone was telling you to just let me leave, you followed me to make sure I was okay. I really appreciate that."

"You know I love you." I smiled, "I'd do anything for you."

"Even-"

I put my hand up, "I said for you not to you."

"But if you-"

"No it wouldn't."

"Yes it-"

"Ah!"

"Because-"

"No."

"But then-"

"DeAndre, just drop it because you already know how this will end."

"Yeah, I know."

"Good. I'll be back later."

"Where are you going?"

"To my house?"

"I want to come."

"No, the doctor said you need to stay in bed."

"Please?"

"I'll be back, Andre."

"Fine. I want you in before dark, you understand me?"

"Yes, daddy."

"Better call me daddy." He mumbled.

I smiled, shaking my head and left. I don't know what happened to Ty. I guess he went with one of his friends and is staying with them for the remainder of the trip.

"Has anybody seen Ty?"

"Yeah, he's at my homeboy house." Anthony said.

"And who is your homeboy?"

"Leo."

Memories flooded of Leo. Ty was only half right when he said he knew how to get the job done.

~*~

"Who is it?"

"Who you think?" Anthony asked rudely.

"My bad."

The door opened and Anthony pushed his way through. I followed, analyzing Leo. He was only a few inches taller than me. Maybe five-nine. He had short, spiky, black hair. His complexion seemed spanish and his eyes were a deep gray.

"What's your name, beautiful?"

"Off limits." I heard Ty say from the other side of the room, "Why are you here?"

"I just came to see if you were okay."

"You sure? Or did you come to set me up, because I'm ready to go at anytime."

"Ty, it's not even like that."

"Then what is it like? I would really like to know. You played me for some punk. I thought you loved me, Jay. I don't know what to think anymore." He walked up to me.

Anthony and Leo took this as their cue to leave Ty and I alone in the room.

"I already told you, Ty. He was my first love, but I didn't play you. I loved you, too. When I got to South Carolina, I felt that I'd never find anybody like me. In the place we live at, everyone there is all urban while I'm from the straight up ghetto. When we met, I was ecstatic! I was happy to find another person I actually had something other than eye color in common with. It's just, you got jealous over nothing. You used a gun instead of words. I told you from day one that you could talk to me about anything, but you didn't."

"I couldn't help myself. I grew up gang affiliated and that's how my mentality is."

"I understand that. But whether you want to believe me or not, I could have helped you work it out."

"I'm sorry, do you forgive me?"

"That's not up to me."

"I don't want to talk to him."

"I know about your history with him. I don't care what the problem is, you guys need to solve it."

"Fine. I love you."

I hesitated for a moment. I can't love two people at the same time, can I? I mean, I love Tae and Andre at the same time, but those are two different types of love. We're talking about 'spend your life with' type of love.

"I love you, too." I studdered. By the hurt look on his face, I could tell he wasn't believing me.