𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - WHAT, WHAT, AND WHAT

The world in itself holds many things I can't even begin to process.

He slowly entered with his hands in his pockets, he stood loose and relaxed. "Should I know you?" I queried with a raised brow, my expression clearly skeptical and curious. He didn't respond and simply removed his hand from his dark pocket, pulling it to his face. His fingers clasped around his chin with his tongue profoundly pressed against the inside of his cheek. "You're fairly young..." He trailed off ignoring my question. He broke into a small smile when he noticed the slight irk in my features at his unbothered comment.

"How does it feel to be tied into two separate worlds?" He leaned down to my face and I pulled my body away leaning on the furthest side of the bed. His abrupt action made my eyes narrow and heart race with unsettlement.
"What?" I managed to mumble out, keeping my gaze firmly against him and his smiling face.

"That's not how you approach people, especially not with a topic like such." A tone with a few ataraxy broke the man's gaze away from me. He stood up and turned with his hand falling back to his side. "I'd like to see you explain such a topic then." He challenged leaning back from the bed I sat on.

The lady shrugged leaning off the doorway."Fine," She walked over calmly, her arms uncrossing. I recognized her as the lady previously taking care of me earlier afternoon — her light brown hair, dim eyes and dark bags carried beneath, not to mention the subtle mole on her cheek, it's darkness complimented her pale skin. She stood before me with her hands folded over her chest. "Kid you've got a pretty intimidating level of cursed energy, and it's actually setting off the balance in the world of jujustu." She stared blankly at me, speaking monotonously on something undeniably confusing.

"Straight to the point, then." The man added looking aside. I didn't look at him for long and returned my gaze to the woman before me. "What?" I croaked out with confusion displayed on my face. She seemed a little shocked, her eyes widening just a bit. "You actually have no clue — no idea about the world of cursed spirits?" I could only nod to her words and her arms dropped to her sides."Huh..."

"My approach was way better, then!" He made his way back over and leaned against the bed. "(Y/N)!" He began with loud pride. I could only look at him with nervousness. I swallowed harshly and subtly moved further away from him. "You encountered a cursed spirit and was subject to your demise practically immediately as you were unaware of the cursed energy you possess."

"This isn't clearing anything up — "

"You basically have magic abilities... you just don't know how to use it yet." The woman added, cutting me off without ill intent.
"Like... in X-men?" I followed up making him smile a little more. "That's a way of thinking about it." The man shrugged.

"The meaning for how your abilities came into play is a long and complicated story I don't even know — " He began with a rather inquisitive expression, his hand back to his chin in a thoughtful manner. "Perhaps there was some worry or stress built up — but the thing only thing that matters is that put you in a life or death circumstance triggering that energy in you, but since you weren't prepared for any of that, your energy didn't know what to do, resulting in the overwhelming fatigue and wearing you out."

"You have a largely intimidating energy that's can only be explained by very few scenarios, one of the is being a line of ancestry, but I've never heard of the (L/N) clan." He shrugged simply, I pressed my lips into a thin line, I couldn't tell whether or not his words were believable. I didn't have any other explanation for the series of events that lead me here, it seemed almost like my only option — a last resort. "I still don't know what that means to me... is it going to interfere with my daily life? Make changes I may not want?"

"Yeah, most likely." I looked at him slight taken aback by his straightforwardness, but let out a sigh and spoke dubiously. "I don't think I want that..." I doubtfully looked down at my hands, my palms clasped together in an anxious manner, I could feel the thin layer of sweat building up.

"At this point it's not determined by you. It's not that your life is being permanently controlled now, it's just some frightening scenarios will be thrown at you and you won't be able to avoid it." He seemed a lot more serious now. He swiped up a seat from the corner of the room and lazily hung his arms around it. "You're quite a special case and putting that part of you aside is definitely going to be difficult — maybe even traumatic." He pointed at me, leaning his face against his other hand. "You'll have to deal with burdens and a whole lot of crazy stuff."

I looked at him without a word, watching and studying his manner and words. I didn't know what I should think — should I accept this? Or who used I move on and ignore the vagary of my situation.

"Plus there's quite a bounty on your head — tons of people are wanting you dead!" An eccentric happiness pierced the uneasy atmosphere with words that were the opposite of anything positive. My head looked up to him with questioning the peculiarity. "What...?"

"Whether you like or not, you are tied to this world. And there's no easy way to get out of it. You may not be too fond of it and you may be aware of what you're bound to lose or gain, but that's not going to stop anyone or anything." His careless manner really didn't comfort me, I wasn't very solicitous on the matter and I definitely didn't find it pleasant that my life was at risk. "Knowledge is useless if you can't put it to good use." He said plainly.

"Life finds away." He hummed after his wisdom filled words. I furrowed my brows looking up towards him with slight amusement. "Did you just quote Jurassic Park...?" I slowly asked the man who grinned back at me. "You know, (Y/N), I've got a feeling we're going to get along quite well."