𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - HOME SWEET HOME

I've felt scared — but never so scared that I was almost embarrassed. Though, that red humiliation would have to wait, I was still incredibly focused on running.

The only thing I had really been relived about was the fact that I wasn't being followed. There was a mumbled cal of my name, but nothing more — no footsteps or determined shouts. I had practically freed myself from the lies even though I hadn't left the property just yet.

My suspicions made by the thin air had been instantly confirmed by the numerous steps and curves that were steep and unreliable. I was in a rush but that didn't stop the landscape from slowing me down — I just hoped no one decided now to follow me. It took a little to weave through the different bushes and prevent myself from stumbling downhill, but I had managed to make it to an archway. Large stone blocks created a scenic exit with high pale structures standing out from the multiple green. It was strangely pretty but grew away from the idea it were a hospital. The architecture seemed way to detailed and vintage — nothing I'd think of when I were reminded of a hospital. I mentally pushed away wonder and interest, relaxing it with distaste and turned my body away.

"(Y/N)?"

I tensed at the sound of my name, but get a sudden wave of relief when I recognized who was addressing me. "What are you doing? Didn't I tell you to stay put — especially since you were supposed to be in a hospital bed!?" My mother walked up to me with a stern expression her eyes narrowing at each white bandaid on my face and hands as well as the ruffled school uniform I wore. She lifted her hand and placed it on my forehead as I stumbled over the words I wanted to say and the ones that would make sense.

"They... discharged me — I was doing fine." I mumbled looking aside. She raised a brow, skepticism written across her face in judging scribbles. "No phone call? No papers? Not a single word about the incident!?" He spoke much louder than me and with emphasized concern.

"I filled them out myself... and like I said, they probably didn't know to check through my belongings — that is technically illegal, anyways." I shrugged through my lie. My own confusion rained in through my head in strange circles as I pondered my reasoning to deceive my mother for someone I only just met. Some people  that originally been deceiving me. "Its — I'm a little tired... can we maybe go home?" I suggested with an innocent undertone. I wanted to ignore the way her brows furrowed as she gazed behind me, but she had spoken before me. "I... I want to speak with the — "

Noticing her skepticism I spoke over her, my eyes slightly widening with the worry. "I already did — they gave me the answer I gave you." I didn't want her to go back — I know I'd have to as well, I didn't want to risk showing my face again. "Fine — I just..." She gazed at me with a futile realization and sighed shaking her head a little. "Just get in the car."

————

I've never been more happy to see the unoriginal walls of my home.

I fell back onto my bed, thinking strictly on the car ride home — those fifteen minutes were full of scolding and disappointment. My mother was stern when it came to my safety and I could tell she didn't know how to feel a hundred percent — she was torn on whether or not to be thankful I was okay or angry that I hadn't notified her. But, she let me be alone when we entered the silent house. I was happy to be let off the hook for the time being.

I let my eyes drift across the ceiling and to the phone on my nightstand, my eyes following the corners of it before grabbing it. The charger stretched far to where I laid and I began by texting Etsuko, I made sure to let her know I was in good condition and that I had been able to leave. I even texted Yuki to make sure she as well was aware of my condition — I knew someone would've mentioned it to her, and she would probably alert the police with how easily scared she is.

I remained on my phone for quite some time, finally getting a chance to myself and without anything to worry about. I played through my phones games and scrolled through social media allowing my body to repose from the earlier rush and worry. I tried to clear my head of every word I was told — unsettled by the lies with every thought about them. Slowly, my eyes had began to shut, my mind wandering into the dreams I long awaited to return to for relief of my long day.

I completely disregarded the darkness my room succumbed to as my eyes shut into sleep. The silence bringing me a simple comfort as I knew I had to be safe — I wanted to be safe.

The world works with cruelty, even in the belief of safety.