ᴀ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ gₕₒₛₜ ᴡʜɪꜱᴛʟᴇꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇꜱ|Reigen

Present day: Reigen and Mob visit an abandoned wood area around Fall month after hearing that there's a ghost haunting that area.
The client was a delivery man who drove by there often since his route delivery had changed.
Once there Reigen and Mob begun to look for the evil spirit.
Reigen starts to tell Mob about how he vaguely remembers being around that area years ago, "When I was about your age", also during Autumn season.
Mob listens.

"Are you scared?" Reigen gulped

The girl next to him muttered something, then looked away. Reigen looked at her curiously. "No.." she repeated, and looked up at him more confidently, "Because you're with me, and Reigen-kun is never afraid," she said in a shy voice.
Reigens heart was beating so fast he forgot he was even sacred himself; "Would you like to hold my hand, then?"
"Mhm," she hummed, and grabbed his hand.
They walked into the forest hand in hand.
Why were they walking into the woods when it was past noon and getting dark soon? That was a long story.
In summary- Reigen and (Y/n) were always the subject of bullying back in the day. (Y/n) was terribly shy, while Reigen was all bark and no bite- they made it easy for anyone to pick on them, so they usually stuck together.
This was no different- the reason they walked into the woods was part of a bravery test designed by the kids middle school bullies.

At some point Reigen felt a something scratch his leg and jumped, a yell escaping his lungs. "Ahhhhhh!"
And this also caused (Y/n) to scream "Ahhh!!" But eventually she calmed down, and asked "What's wrong?"
Reigen calmed down, and finally looked down to see what had scratched him. "Oh, nothing- it was just a stick," he said embarrassed. "I was just trying to show you there's nothing to worry about! See," Reigen stepped on the stick, snapping it in two, his face blushed red in embarrassment.
"Please don't do that again.." (Y/n) muttered.

A little while after, Reigen heard the rustle of the leaves and stopped walking.
"What's wrong Reigen-kun?"
"Shh," he whispered. He heard it again.
"I think I heard something coming from there," he pointed at some bushes. Reigen started walking towards the sound to check it out.
Feeling his hand leaving hers, (Y/n) felt somewhat unprotected now. "Stop joking, come back.." she called.
"It's fine," Reigen promised, going in with the expectation of finding more branches to snap so he could look brave and strong in front of her.
And then Reigen grabbed a stick and some stones and threw the stones at the bush- nothing happened.
But as reigen got closer and poke inside the bush- a creepy creature showed its face, which frightened both kids.
"AHHH, RUN (Y/N)!!"
"AHHHH!!"
They ran as fast as they could from there, the monster chasing after them.
At some point the monster stopped chasing after them- unknown to them at the time, as they were both scary cat kids, it turned out to be their middle school bullies dressed as a monster.

"(Y/n), I think we lost it-" Reigen paused on his words. His hand had never left (Y/n)s until that point. He hasn't even realized he had grabbed onto her hand and had dragged her all along. He somewhat felt proud for that.
(Y/n) fell on her trembling knees.
"(Y/n), are you okay?!" He paniked- maybe he shouldn't have dragged her after all.
Reigen got down on his knees too, trying to somehow help her.
(Y/n) curled herself into a ball and begun to cry "Get away from me..." she sobbed.
He reached out, but did not touch her "Come on (Y/n), don't be like that- I'm sorry for dragging you.." He decided to use reason, since she didn't seem to care about his apologies; "We have to get home soon before it gets dark out," he said.
"I don't care.."
"But I do," his cheeks were puffed, and red in frustration. He reached out to grab her shoulders to hug some since into her.
"I said get away from me.."
His arms were tight around her, "(Y/n) listen, I know you're scared, and I'm sorry- this is my fault. I promise I'll beg for forgiveness later, but now we need to get home,"
The temperature dropped and the wind started picking up.
Since (Y/n) wasn't responding Reigen opted to shake her, "Um, (Y/n), I'm serious- it might rain, so please-"
She didn't like to be shaken, it startled her; she shouted: "Get away from me!!" as she pushed him away from her.