ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ꜰᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ 🄳 🄸 🅂 🅃 🄰 🄽 🄲 🄴| Ritsu

As she walked into the library (Y/n) noticed Ritsu was studying. "How are you, Kageyama?"

"Good, and you?"

"I see you're busy," she looked at a book on his hands.

"Oh this, no, don't worry- I just finished reading this chapter,"
It was a English book, and he was making annotations in a separate notebook.
Besides the books and pencils there was a lunch box, and a spoon settled on top of the box.
"Sit down," he offered.

"No thank you, I came here to look for a book,"

"Oh yeah? What is it? Maybe I can help you,"

"It's this way," She lead him to the science section, and to the space exploration section within the section.

"I should have guessed, you're the astronomy club president after all- how's that going, by the way?"

"I have more work than members, but my rocket isn't going to crash land any time soon,"

"That's good, you have the brains and the passion for it; I don't understand why you didn't run for my position in class council," Ritsu laughed. Then it was quiet. When Ritsu wasn't talking (Y/n) noticed he looked sad, almost as if he should be somewhere else, doing something else.

"I didn't want the attention," she answered.

His response was immediate, "Why not?"

"Why do?"

Ritsu took a step back "Recognition just comes with the position," he said, humbly enough, adding "I don't understand why you'll be bothered by it. If you do things right, others praise you, it's normal. Shigeo is the same way- throwing away what he's good at, and refusing to-"
Ritsu coughed and cleared his throat. "Forget what I said,"

"Are you looking for something, you two?" The librarian, a tall lady in a kitted sweater, asked.

"Yes- would you happen to have the second volume of the Kinematics series?"

"I could check the records," the lady answered.

"Thank you," (Y/n) vowed, her head turned to the guy standing next to her right after; "Let's go sit down, yes?"
Ritsu nodded.

At the table Ritsu begun to pack his stuff, since he had left everything untouched since he went to help (Y/n) look for the book she was looking for

"Do you know why some stars shine brighter than others?"

"What?" Ritsu turned his head.

"Some stars are at a further distance, Ritsu," (Y/n) said that as she pushed her glasses back.

Ritsu tried to search for her eyes, but didn't find them behind the reflection of the sun setting down.

"I'm sorry, we only have the first volume of the series," the librarian regretted to inform.

"I see, thank you ma'am,"

"Would that be all?" the lady asked.

"Yes, have a good evening ma'am,"

"Thank you guys for coming, not many students come in this days- now take care you two," she bid farewell as she retired back to her desk.

"I should have guessed," (Y/n) said in disappointment "I'll try the local library next time; I won't come to bother you," she stood swiftly.

Wearing a sweater herself, she begun to smoothen out the sleeves in such a fashion so it'll cover her hands from the cold.
"Hey (Y/n)," he called, she paused.
"What does it mean?"

She gave him a small smile, "Whatever you want it to mean; if you'll like, take it as my response as to why I didn't want to run for your position," then walked out from the library's after exchanging a polite vow with him.

Later at home Ritsu thought hard about it.
Not all starts shine the same, some are at a further distance.
That didn't make the further stars less worthy of beauty.
It didn't make the closer stars more beautiful.
Wasted potential or not, stars were stars; they had names, patterns, and they were all part of the universe.
Ritsu laughed as he figured this was what (Y/n) must have meant.
He covered his face, not knowing if he was one of the further or closer stars anymore. Perhaps he didn't quite care, just like (Y/n) didn't care.