~Chapter 16~

Matt's Pov:

It's a Sunday morning. I wake up and head downstairs to grab breakfast and head back up to my room. As I'm grabbing my food out of the fridge my mom stops me and says, "Sit down for a sec after you've grabbed your food. There's something I want to ask you"

It kind really caught me off guard, she's never awake this early. "Sure"

I grabbed my food, put it on a plate, and sat down at the table. She asks me, "How do you feel switching schools and going back to Hexside?"

Wait- Gus goes to Hexside! So if I go there, I'll get to hang out with him more! And I won't have to deal with the Glandis jerks! I'm so for this!

"Sure" I reply, shrugging my shoulders so she doesn't know how excited I really am. "Good" she replies "you'll start there tomorrow".

"Ok" I say, picking up my plate and heading upstairs to my room. I set down my plate and jump up and down  a little. I can't wait to tell Gus!! Should I call him now and tell him to come over? Or maybe I could surprise him? .....I think I'd rather tell him. That way I could see his reaction better!

I take out my scroll and text Gus.

Matt: <Hey Gus! You're probably still asleep, but text me when you wake up. There's something I want to tell you>

I set my scroll down and almost as soon as I stand up to walk away, I hear a *ding* Did he reply already!?

I jump onto my bed, lying on my stomach. I turned on my scroll to see what he said.

Gus: <I just woke up about 10 minutes ago. What do you want to tell me?>

Matt: <Is it ok if you come over so I can tell you in person? I just want to see your reaction :)   >

Gus: <Oh ok! What time should I be over?>

Matt: <hmmm, idk. Maybe 12?>

Gus: <Hmmmmmm, not soon enough, what about 10?>

Matt: <lol, fine- 10 works>

Gus: <Yay! See you in 2 hours! :D >

Matt: <See you! :D >

I put my scroll in my pocket and smile. I need to think of the perfect way to tell him about the Hexside news!

Gus POV:

I wake up to hear construction outside my house. Really? Who starts using a drill at 7:40 in the morning?! I turn over on my bed and cover my face with one of my pillows. "Uuuuuuuugh!"

This is probably the earliest I've woken up over the weekend- unless I'm going on a trip with my dad and have to wake up early.

Just then I hear a notification from my scroll. Hm? I wonder who that is. I open up my messages and see a new text from Matt. I didn't know he woke up this early?

I open up his message:

Matt: <Hey Gus! You're probably still asleep, but text me when you wake up. There's something I want to tell you>

Wait, what is it? Did I maybe do something wrong? Is he hurt? No Gus! Stop it. It's very unlikely that anything is wrong so stop being so stupid!

I reply back:

Gus: <I just woke up about 10 minutes ago. What do you want to tell me?>

Matt: <Is it ok if you come over so I can tell you in person? I just want to see your reaction :)   >

Gus: <Oh ok! What time should I be over?>

Matt: <hmmm, idk. Maybe 12?>

Gus: <Hmmmmmm, not soon enough, what about 10?>

Matt: <lol, fine- 10 works>

Gus: <Yay! See you in 2 hours! :D >

Matt: <See you! :D >

My stomach fills with butterflies. I have 2 hours till I can meet up with him. I wonder what he wants to talk about?

The 2 hours pass by in a blur. The next thing I know- I'm ringing the doorbell.

(End scene)

I know this chapter is quite a lot shorter than my normal ones. But I didn't have much time to write this one.