Ch.26 ~ Cherokee Rose Brings Hope

A/N: Hey guys so back with a chapter finally. Sorry it's been so long I was just preoccupied on my twilight fanfic and now I've achieved satisfaction with both fanfics having 26 chapters. 😌 such bliss haha. Anyway just thought I had to justify why I've been hiding. I'll let you get back to reading now. Also wrote a longer chapter to make up for my absence.

3rd Person POV

Dale laughed at the look on Glenn's face once he'd processed the fact he'd be riding a horse on his run into town with Maggie. The look of confusion and shock settled on his face as he'd questioned why he'd agreed to go or at least not argued to use a car.

Dale and T-Dog left to get the containers from the shed and head to the well while Glenn finished putting his tent up. He threaded the poles through the tent cover and pinned it down to the ground.

He stood back up and looked around the camp which was slowly coming together as everyone else finished putting their tents together. Seeing Dale's binoculars on a log next to him, Glenn grabbed them and raised them to his eyes as he glanced out at the fields before him.

As he glanced out at the fields he saw Maggie atop a horse leading a second by the reins as she approached the small campsite. "Hello farmers daughter." Glenn muttered to himself as he continued to watch her make her way over.

That was until someone came and stood in his line of sight smirking. Glenn quickly pulled the binoculars away from his face as a slight blush washed over his cheeks. His face was written all over with guilt from his slightly suggestive remark he made about Maggie that he was sure Lori had heard.

"Hi." Lori said with a smirk.

"Hi." Glenn said back in a nervous voice.

"Here's your list." Lori said handing over a small piece of paper with a list of supplies the group was going to need from the pharmacy.

She then reached into her back pocket and grabbed another piece of paper as she hesitantly handed it over to Glenn and told him to keep quiet about the item on the list. "And um. There's one other item. I wrote it down separately. It's personal. If we could be real discreet about that, ok?"

"Sure." Glenn agreed, taking the paper and opening it. Confusion washed over him as he read the item not knowing what it was or where to look for it.

"Uh, what is it?" He asked Lori just before she could walk away.

"Kind of missing the point of the whole discreet thing, Glenn." Lori replies with a small forced smile turning around and starting to walk off again.

"Oh, right. Umm... I just need to know where to find it?" He asked walking after her to close the distance between the two as she stopped in front one of the tents.

"Try the feminine hygiene section." She replied nervously.

"Uh, enough said. Consider it done." Glenn said awkwardly as she walked off with a small grateful nod.

Glenn tucked the pieces of paper back in his pocket as the sound of Maggie's voice rang out from his left. He turned to see the girl in her cowboys hat standing there holding the two horses by their reins.

"You ready?" She called out to Glenn who stood wide eyed staring at the horses. Again he goes to talk after snapping out his daze but is once again interrupted.

"Glenn, Maggie come with me." T-dog said out of breath before jogging back over to the well. Maggie and Glenn shared a look before following T-dog. Maggie of course tied up the horses first before following.

"What's going on?" Glenn asked as they caught up to T-Dog, Dale, Andrea, Lori and Shane joining them in the walk over to the well.

"There's a walker in the well." Dale says, looking back at him. Everyone marched the rest of the walk over to the well silently as Shane led the group.