Prologue

Deep in the Ice Kingdom, lived a small dragonet, named Parka. She was a small curious dragonet that usually caused trouble on a daily basis. She was an orphan, so she did not know what was right or wrong. So, to make a living, she steals money from local vendors to keep a happy life.

Parka PoV

Over there! A new vendor! I wonder where he keeps the money... Well, no better way than to find out! Parka silently walked up to the vendor, careful not to make any sound while stepping on snow. She eavesdropped for a while before she stole anything. 

"Hello kind sir! How may I help you today?" "May I have some of those snow cones please? Specifically two cones." "Of course! That will be 20 bronze coins." Now is the time to act! Parka tip-toed to behind the man, and as he received the payment, she swiped all the money and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. "Hey! You! Come back here! Give my back my money! Hey! HEYY!" And the man chased her, but she slid into her tiny hole, and he ran past.

Phew! That was too close. I almost got caught! Stupid vendor, doesn't know how to look around.  Parka chuckles as the man starts asking around the village for a small little dragonet who was running around with some money. They give no more information that he already has. The vendor fumes and goes back to his stall and continues his work. Parka counts the money she stole and was astounded. 100 gold coins!? Wow! That will last me a month or so!  Parka thought.

That was a month ago. Now she is stealing some more money, as she ran out just yesterday. This time however, as she swiped the money, she saw the young dragonet's eyes as she stole the money. He looked like he was about to cry, as his parents disowned him just yesterday, and struggled to make a living. Parka, now feeling quite sympathetic, gave the money back and invited him to her hole. There they became very good friends with each other, and she found out his name was Aspen. They lived quite different lives, thought they had the same goal. Parka did it through stealing, and Aspen did it through hard work. Together, they collected enough money to get a small hut, and were very happy.

- 9 dragon years later - 

Aspen and Parka are now married, and they decided to have an egg. There they watched their little egg hatch, and was thoroughly amazed at how she looked. They were fighting over what to name her.

"Snowie."

"No. I think Aurora is best."

"Maybe an animal works."

"Aha! Lynx."

"Yeah. That sounds good to me."