Just a normal day

Antarctic's PoV 

"Uuuurgh why is dad taking so long?" Antarctic looked at Lynx. Normally she would do the hunting, but today his dad, Winter, insisted into doing the hunting and now has taken about 30mins after lunch. He tapped his feet on the ice. Thats the signature rule if you're waiting for someone. And also to make sure people don't think you're a weirdo and doesn't have any friends to stay with. Lynx looked at him, edging closer to him to protect him, and said "Son, how about we train for a while until your dad gets here. Don't worry. Its just gonna be the usual training routine. You've already done 5/6 of your routine! Come on, its only for a minute. And besides, your dad promised me to train you as because -" she stopped due to the fact that she didn't want antarctic to know that Winter was not a good fighter nor had a high rank in the rankings. Instead, she she smiled and looked somewhere. Antarctic wanted a look, but then he realized that he didn't have to because he heard a familiar voice, on who he guessed was his dad.

"Im here honey. Man, those bears are much harder to catch now than before!" He did exaggerated talon movements to show the size. "Its like they just grew armour out of nowhere right before you hit them and after, you get a sore head!" He laughed mostly because he was having a good time. " I figured out that their only weak spot is in their derriere!" He laughed again. "Oh honey, practicing your french again? I hope!" Lynx said as Winter dragged the 5 bears he had prepared for dinner. Antarctic really wanted to ask what is derriere, but he realized he could derive the meaning from the pronunciation. Ew, imaging your dad diving in animals, ya know, trying to get dinner!

≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥time skip≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤≥≤

Lynx's PoV

"Dear, wakey wakey, its your first day at school! You don't want to miss your first day, do you?" I said. It was nice to finally get used to calling your long-lost crush honey. At first when they got married, it felt, VERY weird. Imagine calling your crush honey right after you met again. I went downstairs to talk to winter. "Honey, are you sure he's going to get along with the other dragonets?" We knew antarctic was only 4, but winter insisted to let him go. "C'mon honey, you know, If i had a fun time there, for sure he will too! And besides, he'll get to see real trees and books and etc for the first time. And also, he is at my age when i first went there." Lynx remembered the time winter lectured her about bringing antarctic to his old school, Jade Mountain Academy.

Antarctic's PoV

He hated waking up early, but it was true that he didn't want to be late for his first day if school. He got up and polished his scales as clean as he could get them, before he scurried downstairs to meet his mother. "Hi mom, what's for breakfast?" He asked. Normally she'd prepare something like a seal or a polar bear, but today it was different. He sensed a different smell in their house, and it DEFINITELY wasn't either of the two. He made it to the last step, and slowly his eyes looked up to the silver ice plate. There lied a piece of walrus. His eyes went wide and instantly went into overdrive, as he was zooming around the house to get his things ready before he ate his absolute favorite food. He flew upstairs to get his book, stationeries and etc for school, and then flew to the kitchen table, did his quick-to-miss prayer, and ate as fast as he could. He could sense that his parents were talking in the background. He couldn't exactly get the words right but he knew what they were talking about anyway. He finished eating, cleaned his mouth, and stomped over to the door. He quickly said goodbye and, one quick step out, he'd forgotten. How in the world will he get there without either his mom or dad showing him the way? Alas, he went back inside to ask his dad for directions, and out they flew, over the great ice cliff, and into the sand kingdom.

A/N finally made a chapter longer than 600 words.