Chapter 2

Lynx's PoV

She could already see the academy. Jade mountain was the tallest mountain in Pyrrhia, after Agate mountain fell. She felt like she could last forever on these wings. Lynx was daydreaming about Winter when she was interrupted by her mom, who was asking which school did she pick.

"I picked Jade Mountain Academy. See that big mountain over there? It's inside of there." Lynx said to her mom. Her mom eyed her like she was all grown up and said "You sure about this? You may just waste your time here again." "Of course mom, why would I pick this if they didn't have good education?" Lynx replied. 

Mom doesn't know about Winter, so she's accepting this like normal. I just hope she doesn't catch on, and I hope Winter doesn't turn up anywhere NEAR the main entrance, as then he'd recognize me and come to me, and I'd have to explain, and then they'd look at me weird, and they'd probably tell me to go back. Lynx thought.

As they landed on the main entrance platform, Lynx was fingering with her fingers, and was hoping so much that if her thoughts were words, the whole school would hear. As their parents did the paperwork with Fatespeaker, Lynx looked out the window, wanting nothing else that to be in the same class with winter, or at least a class near his. 

As things were finishing up with Fatespeaker, her parents gave her class and number, and she closed her eyes, praying to the almighty lord of the icewings that she was in Winter's class.

Almighty lord of the icewings, please give me this once.

please.

please.

please.

And as she opened her eyes, she was astounded at the sight. This is what is said:

Something in her stomach unknotted, as if there was a knot

Something in her stomach unknotted, as if there was a knot. She relaxed and jumped with joy as she was in her friend's winglet. As she read it again and again, she noticed that in her winglet, there was no skywing. As her parents came to her, she came into a realization that she would finally see Winter again. Then Parka spoke. "If you're wondering, you are the replacement of the skywing they had before." Oh. So that's why they had no skywing. I WAS the skywing. Lynx thought, hurrying off to her class, showing a great big grin on her face. 

"Winter, here I come!"

Sup guys 

Quote of the day: Happiness always comes last.