Tag: Preface

Scene: The camera pans two scientists (meteorite hunters) in a lab setting found in NASA. They sit in silence looking at some graphics and information they are viewing on a computer screen. The two scientists are obviously in distress and are not saying much other than viewing their computer screens. Finally, one of the scientists breaks the silence. 

Dr. Stanley: (running his fingers through his hair) Larry,  I just do not know what to think about this. (Larry stands next to Stanley)

Dr. Stanley gets up and walks over to another table where there are small dusty rocks sitting on the table. Dr. Larry joins Stanley at the table. They both stand observing the dusty rocks.

Dr. Larry: (hands on hips) This asteroid has dropped its position... it's a sign. Stanley, I just feel like... We need to do more research from the perspective of the two planets in question. 

Dr. Stanley: (moves back to the computer) That's just it! Those planets have shifted in an oddly fast way. But not only that, the weight seems to be different as well... 

Dr. Larry: (joining Dr. Stanley) With the weight of the planet, the distance... the shift... the likelihood that something can happen is what? The likelihood that there is something we are missing...

Dr. Stanley: (rubbing his temples) What is that something, Larry? Asteroids? Meteorites? Do you think we are worrying about noting? Because we are the only ones worrying about this...

Dr. Larry: (shrugs) Let's just continue to observe this and look at those planets. Distance, weight... (looks at Stanley) Look, we've been observing this asteroid for a long time. (walks to the table with the dusty rocks) These meteorites came from that observed asteroid.

Dr. Stanley: (looks at his computer screen again) Let's just look at this again...

The camera pans both scientists back at the computer and the worried looks on their faces as they continue to review their computer screens. 

End Scene