ALIEN'ish: Scene 2

Scene Two: The camera pans to Bow & Dre Johnson's new bedroom. The bedroom is large and spacious, much like their previous bedroom in their old home,  but this bedroom consists of a larger closet/dressing room area. This closet/dressing room is off to the right of the room and there is a large master bathroom that adjoins the large closet/dressing room area. The large closet/dressing room has an area designated for Bow and one designated for Dre. The walls in the closet have both Bow's and Dre's shoes on display, as well as Bow's handbags/purses. The camera then pans to Bow standing in her bathrobe hanging up her blazer. Dre stands opposite Bow wearing boxers and a grey wife beater arranging a few of his shoes from some shoe boxes on the floor of the closet. 

Dre: (taking a pair of tennis shoes out of a box) So what was My Diane secretly telling you about me?

Bow: (chuckles as she hangs her blazers - in a coy tone) Don't you wish it was about you, Dre Johnson? 

Dre: (walks over to Bow and stands close as he holds her hands) Oh... you know it was, Bow. (gets close enough to kiss Bow) Come on... (kisses Bow) What you got? (kisses Bow again)

Bow: (kisses Dre back) Well... (breaks the intimacy) Wait a minute! Don't come over here trying to seduce the secret out of me! 

Dre: (sulking) Come on, Bow! What y'all talk about?

Bow: (laughs) Awwww... Ok. Diane wants to go to college near home to stay until Devante - AKA Lil B is (air quotes) "situated."

Dre: (air quotes) "Situated" where? (confused look)

Bow: (explaining) You know, in school with proper programs in place. Fully diagnosed.

Bow walks out of the closet area and walks over to the bed and proceeds to bring the covers down.

Dre: (sits on the bed and rests his head back) Diagnosed?

Bow: Yes, Dre. Diagnosed. (sits on the bed next to Dre) We will have a diagnosis as soon as his ADOS testing takes place. 

Dre: (holds his head back against the headboard) ADOS testing... (denial tone in his voice) ADOS testing... 

Bow: (firm and serious) Yes, Dre. Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule. A standardized assessment of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and repetitious behaviors in children. 

Dre: (trying to rationalize) Bow, Lil B... (pause) Our Devante communicates well, socializes better than some of our other kids, plays like no other, and does not repeat anything. He good! 

Bow: (firmly) Dre, stop. We have discussed this multiple times already. (Bow sits on her side of the bed and throws her head back in frustration) Devante is about to turn 6 and we have seen how developmentally he is not able to keep up. He plays well with us and his siblings. And you and I well know that he does have repetitious behaviors. He lines up his toys. He has repeat movements and he does not like us to move any of his belongings... (closes her eyes fighting back tears) Dre, we need to do this. This way we can get him the best possible help and the best possible programs for him. (faces Dre and sits up in bed) Once the diagnostic is completed, we can then get an ABA therapist in place. They can come to the home...

Dre: (sits up and faces Bow - in frustration) Somebody gotta come into our home?!

Bow: (upset) Dre! Stop it!

Dre: (softly kisses bow on the forehead) Ok, ok... So Diane wants to stay till he is situated. 

Bow: Yes, but I don't want her to do that. I don't think she should. She feels that Devante will struggle without his Diane, and I hear that, but he will have to adjust anyway.