Christmas '85 (18)

I woke up in Eddie's arms. I looked up at him, and smiled big. I'm going to make today the best I can. It's our first Christmas without our parents.
I slide out of his arms, and tiptoed out of the room. I quietly shut the door, and ran downstairs. As soon as I got down there the phone rang.
"Merry Christmas from my family to yours." I answered.
"Merry Christmas sweet girl. I imagine the boys are still sleeping?" Wayne asked.
"Yes sir! I'm about to start Christmas breakfast, if you want to go ahead, and head over." I said.
"Will do, I'll be there in a bit."
"Alrighty, drive safe. Love ya Wayne."
"Will do, and love you too kid."

I hung up the phone, and put my Christmas apron on.

I began making the pancake batter, adding red, and green m&ms

I began making the pancake batter, adding red, and green m&ms. After that I started the bacon, and eggs. In between cooking, I prepared the table. As I flipped the last pancake, someone knocked on the door. I ran to it.
"Wayne!" I said, giving him a big hug.
"Hey Seph! Boys up yet?" He asked.
"Of course not." I replied. Wayne, and I laughed as we made our way inside.
"I know how to wake them up." He said mischievously. We shared a look, and I knew exactly what he meant.
We silently counted to three then both shouted.
"MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS BITCHES! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" Then we both died laughing. I ran to the kitchen just in time to get the last pancake off perfectly.
"You guys are assholes." Gareth said as he stumbled into the kitchen.
"Yeah! I agree. Bah humbug." Eddie said as he took his seat at the table. Their eyes lit up when they saw the breakfast. Both of their eyes teared up when they saw the pancakes. Not only did I put red, and green m&ms in them, I also shaped them like Christmas trees. Just like mom did. I looked to Wayne, and he was tearing up as well.
"You're the best sister ever. Thank you so much for everything you do. Mom, and dad are so fucking proud of you Persephone. I.. I don't know how I'd be here without you, and your love." Gareth said.
"Same here. You're so selfless, and always put others first. Not only that, but you pay attention to people. Knowing what they like, and how to care for each one specifically." Wayne said.
"You put your whole heart into everything you do. It astounds me! Especially after everything you've been through. Most people would be destroyed, but you fought through it, and still have more love to give. You're amazing, and hold this family together. We love you more than life baby." Eddie said. We were all in tears at this point. I could feel my parents at the table with us. The room felt warm, and calm.
"Thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without you all. I love you all so much. Now! Let's eat, before it gets too cold, and get to the gifts!" I said.
We did just that, dying of overeating. Wayne sparked a joint to help pull us back together. After we smoked, Eddie helped me clean up, while Wayne, and Gareth got the presents organized. Eddie wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed my neck.
"I love you Persephone Sage." He said sweetly.
"I love you, Eddie bear." I said, then kissed him passionately. He looked lovingly into my eyes before taking my hand, and leading me to the living room. We all sat in the floor next to our gifts, and the beautiful tree.