(trippin' for no reason) know you're down to ride

All Hallow’s Eve approached and Voldemort was seething as his smoke-like form whipped around the room he’d taken up residence in under the roof of House Malfoy.

“That boy must not be kept alive if I am to proceed with my original plans,” he hissed malevolently. Then the wraith slowed his aerial pacing, thinking deeply. If he had a face to smile with, he would’ve, cackling with maniacal glee at the new plans forming in his twisted mind. “Yes… I can make this work to my advantage!”

“I will have Lucius begin preparations right away, this must be timed correctly…” Voldemort mumbled to himself for a few moments longer as he exited the room.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dumbledore knew his gut feeling was right; the traps had been frequently activated. Snape reported that nothing was amiss with Jin-Woo during the school days or his evening detentions, but Dumbledore knew in his gut Jin-Woo had something to do with the alarms raised. He and Tom were either in league with each other somehow, or Tom had managed to corrupt Jin-Woo even further, exacerbating his fall to the Darkness. Either way, he had to stop them.

The fate of the world once again depended on him; Harry wasn’t weak enough to be sacrificed just yet but he wasn’t strong enough to hold his own even within Hogwarts, so he couldn’t be led to the traps any time soon, unfortunately.

A few more years of abuse at the Dursley's and he should be ready to be the key to Tom’s true demise. The ancient Headmaster just had to be patient for just a few more years, then this war would finally end. It was unfortunate that Harry had to die, but it was all for The Greater Good. Dumbledore must do what must be done to defeat the Dark and protect the Light.

His parents would understand; after all, they were the ones who trusted him to take care of Harry if they ever passed away.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Jin-Woo stood casually by the penn holding the Thestrals under Hagrid’s care, feeding the closest ones the meat he’d prepared earlier and gently stroking their leathery skin-covered horns with soft murmurs under his breath. He had a bag slung over his shoulder filled with the meat for the Thestrals and water bottles and snacks for Draco after Quidditch practice.

“Such pretty creatures,” he praised quietly. The one he named Jugeum snorted lovingly into Jin-Woo’s shirt, prompting a soft chuckle from the God.  “As much as I’d like to see what shadow will arise from you, I won’t kill you. I prefer this form of yours.”

“After Draco and I practice flying, shall we go on a flight together as well?” Jugeum bumped their nose against his shoulder, which the Korean took as a yes. “Ok, I’ll come back after practice and we’ll go on a little flight around the mountains. Do you want to hunt as well?”

Before the conversation could continue, Jin-Woo felt several presences approaching him from behind. He turned, coming face to face with Draco jogging towards him, Daphne, Tracy, Theo and Blaise following behind at a more leisurely pace.

“Jin-Woo, Jin-Woo!” Draco called excitedly, waving his hand in the air above his head with a wide, childish grin. Jin-Woo’s heart softened a bit, a small smile spreading on his face in response to the blond’s enthusiasm. “Jin-Woo, I hope you don’t mind, I invited my friends. They wanted to see how good you are on the broom!”

“They’re not gonna practice with us?” That surprised him a bit, considering how much his shadows overheard them talking about Quidditch and flying in general.