don't need to talk the talk (just walk the walk)

Minerva watched Jin-Woo flying around one end of the pitch with a conflicted heart: on one hand, the activities were wholly innocuous and Jin-Woo was clearly responsible enough to manage them safely without much to be concerned about. On the other hand, his magical display had given her much to think about; she’d sensed the darkness residing in his magic, and knew there was more to him than met the eye, but he had never before given her a reason to doubt his kindness and sincerity.

And this scene was almost concrete proof that despite Jin-Woo’s dark alignment, Dumbledore was still wrong about his conclusions about Jin-Woo. How could someone like Tom ever hope to emulate that kind of raw emotion as that on Jin-Woo’s face while he watched over his temporary wards? Tom could never replicate that warm fondness that Jin-Woo’s smile was overflowing with.

Minerva had never felt more proud of Jin-Woo than when she saw how he handled Theo’s fear of heights; that alone had convinced her Dumbledore was seeing things that weren’t there because there was no reason for Jin-Woo to do that if he didn’t know he was being watched.

It’s about time you cease all this nonsense about Jin-Woo, Albus, Minerva tsked in her head.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Tom Marvolo Riddle was many things, but he was not one to take chances.

“Luciusssss,” he hissed to the blond man standing by his fireplace. “Have you taken care of all the preparations? We must be ready by the week before All Hallow’s Eve.”

“Yes, My Lord. Everything is ready, all we need is the boy.” Lucius ignored the ominous foreboding in his gut because as much as he feared Jin-Woo, he feared Voldemort more. He’d seen what The Dark Lord could and would do.

He just hoped Jin-Woo didn’t count this as a betrayal, because he knew he was being watched. The platinum blond man had spent enough time around Dark Magicks to recognize their feel, even if he wasn’t too sure how or when Jin-Woo was watching him.

If I had known that things would turn out like this I might’ve considered my decisions a bit longer as a child. Lucius sighed to himself, not necessarily regretting his choices but heavily questioning them. 

“And Wormtail?”

Lucius held back a condescending grimace at the mention of the snivelling lump of cowardice, opting for a simple, “I believe your faithful servant is gathering the traitors as we speak.”

“Perfect.” A shudder nearly ran through the blond, but he withheld it by sheer willpower, knowing exactly how Voldemort dealt with traitors, glad he wasn’t part of that unfortunate group.

“And Lucius?” The said man turned to his wraithly Master, only to crumple to the ground in agony as the Crucio hit him. He barely registered the words being said to him through the haze of pain, but he knew he had to listen or his punishment (for whatever he earned said the punishment for) would worsen.

“I had told you to check on those relics to make sure the wards around them were still intact and now I have one less Horcrux than I originally died with! You fool!”

“I-I apol-apologise, M-My Lord.” Voldemort sneered at the stuttering idiot, irritated at the incompetence he was constantly surrounded by.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Jin-Woo had watched his ‘relative’ cast that spell with interest, wondering what the spell’s effects were to cause Lucius to writhe on the floor like that, as he ate.