Chapter 22: ADORE YOU

H,

I opened my eyes slowly as my consciousness brought me back to reality. I saw my mother sitting by my side, holding my hand, with her head lowered. I had no idea what was happening, so I just squeezed her hand to warn her I was awake. Mum lift her head, looking right at me. Her eyes were bloodshot with a vivid blue colour, a sign she had been crying.

"Mum," I mumbled. Mum came closer to me, kissing my head. We stayed that close for a few seconds as the world slowly came to stop behind my eyes. Some pain shot up my arm. "Why is my arm hurting?"

"Because you did something stupid." My mother noted. "Why would you do that?"

I looked at her with attention, catching her clothes all stained red. Was that blood? Worse, was that my blood?

"Is that mine?"

Mum looked down at herself as if she just noticed the blood splattered on her shirt.

"It doesn't matter, honey." Mum kissed my forehead again, holding me close. "You're okay, now. You didn't lose that much blood."

I frowned.

The memory came to me like a dream. Right, I was following Zayn. I wanted him to stay with me because they wanted to take him away from me. Panic began to lurk within me.

"Where is he? Where's Zayn?"

"Here," I heard his voice. I found him by the door, standing with arms crossed and a serious face. "Hi."

"Hi, honey."

I wanted him to come closer. Why wasn't he coming closer?

There was some movement behind my mother, so I turned my head catching Dr Rashad standing by the window. He also had a serious look on his face, with arms crossed over his chest.

"Nice to see you up, Harry." Dr Rashad greeted me. "That was something quite dangerous."

"I wasn't thinking." I apologised.

"You weren't." Dr Rashad agreed. The silence in the room continued and I knew I was in for something hurtful. "How long have you and Zayn been together?"

I take a glance at Zayn for approval, which he gives me with a silent nod.

"It's recent."

"Right." Dr Rashad responded looking at me, then at Zayn. I wondered if he had spoken about me before. The psychiatrist looked back at me. "Listen, Harry, despite your little manifestation of intent, Zayn won't be able to stay."

I looked at Zayn, seeing he wasn't looking at me, but instead at the ground.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Zayn stole a bottle of pills..."

"He didn't- "

"And even though he didn't take any of the pills, which shows progress and success, the action remains. Therefore, we need to understand the route for such action. Like any situation, Zayn will need to be grounded, undergo a few special sessions with me and then we will be able to have visitations."

"No," I replied as if it were my choice to have. "He's not going anywhere."

"You have no voice in this matter, Harry. I'm sorry."

"He didn't take a bloody thing!" I looked at Zayn pleading for him, despite his silence. "Tell him you didn't take anything!"

"Zayn doesn't need to tell me." Dr Rashad replied calmly. My mother continued next to me, holding my hand. "I know he didn't. That doesn't mean anything, though. Zayn is to come back with me and cut all communications until I decide if he's ready to be with people again."