Chapter 7

Baily's POV

I was in chemistry and I was sitting by Doug when Evie started to say something.

Evie- Any chance he's in line for a throne? Anywhere in line?

Doug- Chad. Prince Charming, Jr. Cinderella's son. Chad inherited the charm, but not a lot of there there, know what I mean?

Evie- Looks like there there to me.

Mr. Deley- Evie. Perhaps this is just review for you. So tell me, what is the average atomic weight of silver?

Evie- Atomic weight? Uh, well, not very much. I mean, it's an atom, right? Let's see. How do I find the average atomic weight of silver? That would be 106.905 times .5200, plus 108.905 times .4800, which, Mr. Deley, would give us 107.9 amu.

Doug- Amu?

Mr. Deley- I forgot. Always a mistake to underestimate...

Evie- A villain? Don't make it again.

Evie then came back to her seat.

Bailey- Wow, that's really good Evie. Your really smart.

Evie- Thanks, but it was all this.

She showed me a mirror. I was shocked because I just realized she had her hand in front of her when she went up front. After class was dismissed, I went to the tourney field to help Ben with Carlos. I went to the sidelines and set my bag down.

Ben- Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?

Carlos- Oh! Ah! No, wait!

Ben- Sweet!

Carlos- No! Ah!

Ben- Carlos? Carlos!

Carlos- No, stop!

Bailey- Carlos!

Carlos- Ben? Bailey?

Ben- Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!

Carlos- Ben, Bailey, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and tip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!

Ben- Hey, who told you that?

I picked up Dude because his feelings looked hurt.

Carlos- My mother.

Bailey- Cruella?

Carlos- She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer. Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!

Ben- Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?

Carlos- Of course not.

Bailey- Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mutt.

Carlos- He doesn't look like a vicious rabid pack animal. Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy.

Bailey- I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island.

Carlos- Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs.

Ben- Good boy. I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know.

Carlos- Oh. Yeah. Thank you.

Ben- Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?

Carlos- Okay.

Bailey- I'll see you later.

Carlos- See you out there. Hi. Hi. Oh! Thank you.

I started to leave when Carlos spoke up.