Chapter 7

TW: Homophobia, abuse from family

Dream POV

I could see him blush through the darkness, making my heart skip a beat. "I don't know. You just came here all of a sudden, I have nothing planned. We have to be quiet though, my dad's asleep. He wouldn't be happy knowing I snuck a boy in." 

I laughed and took out my phone. "Do you have a movie recommendation?" He frowned, "No... I don't know many movies." I quickly racked my brain, trying to find something that would fit. "Um, what about a horror movie? That could be fun."

He gave me a look, "A horror movie? You're fucking crazy," he paused, "but let's do it." I quietly giggled as I played "The Cabin In The Woods" on my phone. 

At the first 'scary' part, Wilbur was already hugging my arm. "What the fuck!" He whisper screamed. I patted him on the back and paused the movie, "Do you want to change it?" He shook his head immediately, "I like it. It's just very very scary." I laughed and started it up again. 

~~~

40 minutes in and Wilbur was practically on top of me now. "Wilbur..." I said, starting to blush a little. He seemed to realize and quickly scrambled off, "Sorry." We stayed in awkward silence and my head was racing. Do I say something? What do I say? Should I just let this slide? What's going on? Why am I blushing? The thoughts running through my head gave me a headache so I calmed down. Deep breaths, smile, deep breaths, smile. I ran this over and over again until the headache slowly stopped. I have to thank Drista for this technique, it's a good one. 

"Dream." Wilbur said quietly. I looked at him. He looked really nervous. "Yeah?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm so that he would be less nervous. "I- nevermind." 

~~~

Wilbur POV

He scooched over to me, "Tell me, what's up?" Should I tell him? No. It'd definitely ruin everything. I can't ruin the only thing that keeps me going. "Nothing." 

He wrapped his arms around me, not making my thoughts any better, "You can trust me, tell me. But if you really don't want to, that's okay too. I don't want to make you uncomfortable." I listened to his breathing and it helped me focus. Okay, you can do it. Worst thing worst, you'll have to close off this window. Plus, it'll help my situation with the whole 'you can't talk to him' thing. "I- okay this is going to sound really weird and it's going to be really all of a sudden and I know you're not going to like it but-"

"Woah woah. Calm down, I don't care if I won't like it, just say whatever is on your chest." His arms were wrapped around me and he was rocking back and forth like I was a baby. It was sort of calming and nice. "Okay... I think I really like you, and not as a friend that is. I know you're going to be disgusted and I know you're going to go away, I just thought you should know and I'm really grateful for what you've already done for me, it's totally cool if you never want to talk to me ever again-"

A finger was put on my lips, shushing me. He was still rocking back and forth, calming my nerves. I tensed, waiting for his answer. He'll probably say something along the lines of 'What? I thought we were friends!' or something. God, why did I have to say this?

"Relax, I'm not going to push you away or anything." He said, his face next to my ear. Confused, I turned around, "You're not?" He was smiling, shaking his head in response. "Why should I? How could I reject a wonderful guy like you?" 

It took my brain a few seconds to work its wheels and understand, "Wait... does that mean."

He laughed, "Yes, I like you silly." A stupid grin came on my face. "So what does this make us?"