Chapter 9

Dream POV

Newsflash, his father gets arrested.

It was a whole ordeal but it ended up being okay. For a few years, Wilbur stayed at my house, my parents welcoming him in. It was great. We went on dates and everything was going amazing.

~~~

"Stop being so nervous! It'll be fine." Purpled said, patting my back. I nervously waited, fidgeting with my hands. "What if he doesn't say yes?"

"He will, chill man. You're gonna shit yourself." I took a few deep breaths, trying to stay calm and collected. I had never been good with these types of things.

Years and years had passed since his father got arrested. We've been officially dating for around 6 years now. We're both 24 and living happy lives. I study Computer Science and he studies Business, both graduating from college.

At this moment, I'm currently standing in a ring of petals and Purpled was with me, trying to reassure me. Sapnap, who had flown here a year ago, was also there, laughing at my nervousness. 

"Bro, everything's going to be fine. Drista just texted me, saying she's on the way." That just made me even more nervous. What if he doesn't say yes? Will he break up with me? This wasn't a very good idea, was it.

"That's our cue to go hide now. Good luck." Purpled said, grabbing Sapnap, "Good luck."

~~~

Wilbur POV

"Dream, I'm home," I shouted as I entered the apartment. There was no sound. I frowned. Huh, that's weird. "Love?" I shouted again. Again, no answer.

I walked into the living room and saw Drista scrolling on her phone. Confused I said, "Drista? Do you know where Dream is?" She smiled at me, looking up from her phone. "Wilbur! I don't know where Dream is but he told me to stay here and wait for you to come back. I'm supposed to take you to my parent's house." She said. That just made me even more confused. His parent's house? The fuck? 

"Okay? Let's go then." I said, grabbing the car keys. Drista went back on her phone, texting something and then closing it. "Great! C'mon." She seemed a little too enthusiastic but I brushed it off. Maybe she had too much candy today. 

We exited the apartment and went to the parking lot. I got my car and we started to drive. Drista was humming a song, seeming really energetic and antsy. "Is something up? You seem really happy." I asked. She just smiled and let out a giggle, "Oh it's nothing. You'll find out soon anyways." Well that's... ominous. 

~~~

"Wilbur honey! Good to see you here." Dream's mother said as soon as I opened the door. They also seemed extremely happy and excited. I walked into the familiar household. They still live in the same house. Dream's bedroom is still where it used to be. The house next door has been sold to another family, bringing back good and bad memories. 

"Good to see you too," I said, hugging both Dream's mother and father. Drista just rolled her eyes and grabbed me, "C'mon. Let's go upstairs." Dream's mother waved bye at us as we climbed the stairs, which was really strange. Huh, why is everyone off today?

"Where's Dream? Is he coming?" I asked. All I wanted today were the cuddles and the movie night that he promised. 

"You'll see him soon." That was all that Drista said. We climbed upstairs and I went into Dream's old bedroom, smiling fondly at it. They haven't changed anything. It was still pale green walls, green carpet, brown cupboard, and the window that looks out to the neighbour's house. Everything.

"C'mon. I found something cool on the roof yesterday, let's go." Bemused, I followed her. "The roof?! Why were you up there?" She didn't answer me, just letting down a ladder and climbing up. 

When I climbed to the top, Drista was nowhere to be seen. I turned around to see a nervous Dream in a circle made of petals. "Dream? What the fuck are you doing here? Why are you dressed so formally? What is going on today?" 

"Wilbur... we've been dating for 6 years and 9 months now. My happiest times have been with you and I love you with all my heart." I slowly started to realize what was happening, eyes widening and my heart racing. My fingers became numb, filled with anticipation.

"Will you, the boy through the window, marry me?" I blinked, tears filling my eyes. I ran to him and embraced him, planting a kiss on his forehead. "YES YES YES! Oh my fucking god, this is the craziest day of my life." 

We both laughed, hugging each other. Loud cheers erupted as Sapnap, Drista, and Purpled jumped out from their hiding spot. 

"DRISTA?! You were in on this?" I exclaimed. She laughed, nodding. I hugged her and then hugged Purpled and Sapnap out of happiness. And then I kissed my boyfriend, or should I say, fiance.

~~~

We arrived home with huge grins. "I love you." Dream said. I giggled, "You're so cheesy. I love you too." 

We both took a shower and got dressed, comfortably sitting on the bed. "So... where's my movie night and cuddles?" I asked, smiling. He giggled, kissing me. "Right here." He pulled me closer and opened a movie. 

___

877 words. I know it's shorter than usual but I wanted to leave it at that point. There's like 1 chapter left before the epilogue. I hope you're excited about the finale because I sure am.

Get ready for it, it's not going to be what you expect. I feel a little bad about it, but mostly proud.

Comment? :)