Perfect for Each Other

Summary:After working on pumpkin carvings for the Alliance's upcoming Spirt Day party, Han and Leia come dressed up as their favourite characters from their favourite book series. However, both Han and Leia have been really busy and don't know about what happens to their characters in the latest book of the series.
Rating: (T), Teen and up - brief mentions of death and indirect mention of sex at the end,
Written for Han/Leia Trick-or-Treat celebrations. Treat, prompt: "Leia or Han are organizing a Halloween/Masque Night/Spirit Day/Devil's Night/etc party inside the rebel base to keep up the good mood, and conscripts the other into a holiday-related activity (carving a jack-o-lantern, making or handing out candy, building a haunted house, etc.)." and: "It's Masque Night (or a costume party/masquerade ball/similar): Do Han and Leia wear a couples' costume? Do they surprise one another with their costume? Do they dress up as each other as a joke? ("What are you supposed to be?" "You.")? Do they roleplay? Do they ever make it to the event? What happens when they get there? (No Leia in a golden bikini!! Bonus: Han wears a wig with Space Buns!)"

"Han can you help me with something?" Leia asked as she walked into the main hold of the Falcon.

Han dropped the tool that he was using and turned around to face her. Leia's hair was messier than usual, as it was tied up into a simple bun, with stray pieces of hair falling down around her face. She was holding a knife in her right hand and a datapad in her left.

"So long as that 'something' isn't testing out how sharp that knife is," Han responded.

Leia rolled her eyes, trust Han to have a witty response to even a simple request. Then again, she probably wasn't much better, she was just more subtle and clever about it.

"I need your help preparing for the party tomorrow," she said.

While it wasn't a weekly or even monthly acurance, High Command had made the habit of occasionally throwing some sort of party for the soldiers stationed on base in order to boost morale. Currently they were working on a Spirt Day costume party which was scheduled for tomorrow and which Leia was in charge of organising.

Leia knew that it was a good idea and she helped as much as she did with the more militaristic and diplomatic aspects of the rebellion but she herself often found it hard to relax under such circumstances. It seemed her ability to relax had almost left her completely along with her old life. The only times that Leia ever really found herself truly relaxing anymore was during her short meals on the Falcon with her close friends, namely: Han, Luke and Chewie.

Han raised his eyebrow with interest.

"I thought I got you everything you needed for your costume."

As it was a costume party and most members of the rebellion had a somewhat limited wardrobe most of the base had been relying on the few members who can sew as well as Han's supply runs to help put together their costumes. Leia knew how to do some basic sewing, although she was more familiar with embroidery, but she didn't know enough to make her own clothes so she had put her costume together usually the few non issued pieces of clothing she had left and asking Han to pick up some choice accessories for her.

"You did," Leia confirmed. "I have everything I need. I just need your help with the decorations."

Han smirked. Of course he'd help her, but that didn't mean he couldn't have some fun with it.

"Too short to put up the streamers," he joked.

Leia shot him a glare. Her height? Really? She'd like to think that this far into their friendship he could think of something better than that. It was really low hanging fruit by this point and honestly Leia expected better and more clever remarks from him by now.