1: Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, the Sandman himself had preferred the company of humans

Somehow, they fascinated him, with their pathetic little brains running around and not caring about anything ever.

He was fascinated about their dreams, their desperate longing to be someone - someone who wouldn't be cast out or hated upon.

He was fascinated about their wishes, their desires and their fears.

But most of all, he was fascinated about their hobbies.

Their passions, their reasons to get out there and just enjoy life.

Their efforts humans were putting into something, shaping it until it was totally perfect.

Humans would go fishing, writing a book or even making music.

They would bake cakes, paint pictures or take pictures, depending on their current mood.

Humans were born out of attachment to something which could fill their dull lifes with pure joy, with luck and good memories.

Humans were born out of Passion herself, the very one who would create these attachments right from the mind of a Dreamer.

Passion of the Endless, Lord Morpheus' long lost sister he had finally reunited with after nearly a thousand years.

Because of her doing, the Dream Lord had got himself attached to the magic of music, once having been gifted with a special violin.

This violin had been guarded by Morpheus for several decades, not ever wanting it to fall into the wrong hands.

But now, after all this time, it had fallen into the wrong hands.

And the Dream Lord would do anything in his power to get this special instrument back.

Even if he had to kill for it.