A Date?

Violet's POV

After my 4th period I headed out into the crowed hall toward my bus. Mid stride toward 735 I felt my phone buzz. I looked at the message and it was from Briar.

Where are you?

Crap, I completely forgot about this little hangout we're supposed to be having. I begrudgingly made an about face and headed to the parking lot where Briar parked. I got to her car and she excitedly waved me over.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I said getting in.

"Come on, it'll be fun! You've just gotten here and you don't have any friends yet so I'm stepping up to the plate!" She said pulling out of the parking spot.

"Who said I didn't have any friends?" I say defensively.

"You don't."

"I do! Mateo."

"Mateo?"

"Yes, he's this boy that I met." She looked a little disappointed to hear that. "For all intensive purposes though, I met you first." She perked up and continued rambling.

We pulled up to a quiet little park and began our walk. I started stretching and rubbing my hands a lot as we walked so I looked at the time realizing my meds were wearing off.

Ok. Don't do something dumb, don't say anything weird. Please.

"Violet?"

"Yes?" I said looking up at her confused.

"I asked what do you like to do for fun?"

"What do I like to do for fun? Well there's a lot, I like knitting, anime, origami, art, cooking, baking, football, basketball, drumming, guitar, karate, taekwondo, dance, movies, oh I also love swimming and-" I caught myself rambling and abruptly stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked curiously.

"Oh I have a habit of rambling about nonsense." I said chewing on my lip. Briar made this weird face, and looked away.

"It's fine, I like listening."

That made me feel a lot better and I stopped biting my lip. "So do you have any crushes?" I asked curiously.

She stopped and started coughing loudly. "What?? Are you okay??" I said patting her back.

"Yeah yeah you just caught me off guard."

She stood back up straight and I looked at her waiting for her response. "It's literally the first day of school, how could I have a crush?"

"I don't know I was just curious." I said as we continued our walk. We maybe got about five steps before I started questioning her about her dating life.

"So do you have a boyfriend?"

"No"

"Girlfriend?"

"No"

"Significant Other?"

"Okay" She said and abruptly stopped and turned to me. She put her hands on my shoulders and questioned me. "Why the sudden interest in my dating life? Do you have a crush on me or something?"

"No! I just- I-

"You?" She said smirking as my face turned all shades of red and pink. I realized how weird I was being and quickly turned away.

"I don't know what to talk about!" I yelled shaking her hands off me and pacing forward.

"That doesn't answer my question Vi"
A nickname? Is she trying to make me mad??
"Your so annoying!" I said continuing to walk.