Head in the Clouds

I followed Briar into her house and upstairs. I guess being high made me totally forget the fact that this is the first time I've been inside her house. We walk into her room and I finally start to take in my surroundings. Briar's room looked like a total dream.

She sat me down on her bed and took my shoes off

She sat me down on her bed and took my shoes off. "Can you unlock it?" She asked handing me my phone. Without a second thought I put in my code and handed it back to her.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked looking up at her.

"I'm sending your mom a text telling her you had to stay at school late for a research project and that you won't be home until later." Briar said completely engulfed in my phone. She took longer than she should have which made me suspicious but as soon as I was about to say something she handed it back to me.
"There, now we have some time to sober you up."

Briar's POV

"Don't move, I'll be right back." I said looking at her sternly. I put Violet's phone on my night stand and went downstairs to get some water and a snack for her. When I came back I found Violet casually going through my drawers.

"What did I just say."

She jumped a little at the sound of my voice and looked at me with a pout. "You took a long time, I got bored." I sighed and put the snack down and handed her a glass of water. "Drink this, it'll make you feel better."

She drank about a quarter of the water before abruptly stopping and complaining she couldn't drink anymore.

"Vi work with me, I'm trying to help you."

"Can I tell you something? But you have to proommmmise me you won't tell a soul."

"What?"

"I think I have a crush on someone." She whispered flipping upside down on the side of my bed.

"Oh? Who?"

"I can't tell you." She said still staring at me upside down.

"Why not?" I folded my arms.

"Well because I don't want you to know who it is. It might make things awkward between us." She covered her face with her hands.

"Well now I wanna know. Could you give me hints?"

"Absolutely not! Even her hair color would give it away!" She flipped back over now completely flushed in the face.

"Her?" I smirked.

She had a look of realization and her face turned an even brighter shade of red.

"That- I- You're so frustrating!" She yelled. I chuckled and decided that was enough teasing. Back to the problem at hand.

"Okay okay, calm down I'm only messing with you." I said handing her the water again.

"Why do you take so much pleasure in upsetting me?" She asked angrily sipping the water.