Study Date

"What happened?" Sapphire immediately started grilling me.

"There was this guy in the hall, he asked- well more like told me we were going on a date this Saturday and I agreed to it" I leaned against the car door and stared out the window.

"What?" She said confused and slightly angry.

"I was getting stuff out my locker and he came up to me and asked me for my number. Then he asked me out I think? It's hard to remember now"

"Your not thinking about going right?"

"I don't know"

"Was it that red head boy that walked you out here?"

"No no, that's my friend Mateo. Speaking of which, he's coming over tonight to help me catch up on school work"

She gave me this annoyed look and said, "Your having a boy over right after another one pressured you into a date?"

"I need to do my missing assignments otherwise when progress reports come out mom's gonna kill me."

"You think she'd be okay with you having some boy over?"

"He's my friend" I said getting frustrated.

"Mhm." She said with a slight smirk.

"F-R-I-E-N-D Friend."

"Vi, if you needed help doing your schoolwork you could've just asked me"

"He offered! How could I say no? I was desperate!"

"God, what am I gonna do with you" She said shaking her head.

The rest of the car ride was silent and I remembered that Briar was coming over also and decided to cancel with her. I feel bad but I don't think I can handle having multiple people over right now. She texted me back disappointed but understanding and that was that.

A Few Hours Later

Mateo should be here in about 15-ish minutes give or take meaning I have 15 minutes to make my room look presentable.

I looked at the mess of clothes and random junk and immediately felt overwhelmed. I decided to take a walk to clear my mind. I know, very counter productive but I'm only human. I realized I had stopped in front of Briar's house.

I stared at it for a second before getting startled by the sound of a car pulling up.

"Violet?"

I looked to see Briar pulling into the driveway. Why do I always run in to her at the worst times?? Though it is my own fault, I'm literally standing outside her house.

"Yes?" I said trying to play it cool.

"Why are you standing on the sidewalk staring at my house?"

I don't even know myself!! What am I doing right now??

"I- you- it's a nice day for a walk. I was taking a walk"

"Mm" She got out the car and walked towards me.

"Really?" She asked getting closer.

"Yes! I was taking a walk and I just happened to stop here! You have a really pretty tree outside your house and I was admiring it!"

"Mhm, your cute when your flustered" She smirked.

I felt my face heat up more than it ever has and I felt like I was gonna pass out from shock and embarrassment. "I have to go! See you at school tomorrow!" I shouted as I practically sprinted down the street to my house.