Chapter 4: Seeing Double and Finding Trouble

Kayla, or Older Me, stared at each other for a long time. She was only a little taller than I was and she was maybe thirty years old.

Soon, the hedgehog beside her walked up and held out a hand. "A pleasure seeing you on the mend." He said, sounding technical. "I suppose you do not recognize me."

"Recognize you?" I asked, looking at him closely. "I guess not."

The hedgehog smiled. "My old identity was Metal Sonic 3.0. Metal for short. The upgrades Tails had done gave me a very organic look, complete with fur."

I looked at him and indeed seeing a few similarities to Metal. The white streaks on his quills that were similar to Shadow's mimicked Metal's paint job perfectly. "Metal?"

He nodded. "But I go by Andy now, short for Android Sonic 24.5. And it sounds better than Android." He winked at the end of his statement.

"This… Is a surprise." Kayla said.

"I'll say." I said.

I slowly stand and look at Kayla Stone. She really looked like my mom, but she had a look of a fighter on her face. And she seemed to have seen more fights than others.

"Andy tells me you guys are from a different Zone?" Kayla said.

Dr. Neuron nodded. "One that's a little different from this one."

"How different?"

I look behind Kayla to see two figures that I had to look twice at to be sure it was them. Sonic and Sally. Both looked older, Sally had a pair of glasses and Sonic was wearing a vest. I had to look twice at Sonic, but he had a few grey quills.

"Em?" Sonic asked.

I nodded. "Sonic? Fastest thing alive right?"

Sonic walked over and nodded. "Still am." He walked over and took a good look at me. He then looked at Kayla and chuckled. "You do change a lot."

"You did too Sonic." I said. "And Sally."

Sally laughed. "Well, it has been about sixteen years Emily."

I staggered back in shock, so I was thankful Jonathan was there to catch me. "Easy there Emily." He said. "I know it's a lot to take in."

I look up at the doctor. I still felt nervous around him, and I found myself putting up defenses against his physic abilities. "Thanks Doc."

Sonic then looked over at Jason and Sleek. "Hey boys."

"Hi dad." Jason replied.

"Well Yoster, did you get that bike fixed up yet?" Sonic asked.

"Well… uh…" Was the reply.

Sonic chuckled. "I'll take that as a no then. You and Sleek should get working on it."

"On it!" Both boys shouted as they ran past Sonic.

"Just be on time for supper this time!" Sally called after them.

The leopard chuckled. "Ah, kids. What's life without them?" He looked over at me and took off his hat, showing a mess of black hair. "I don't think I gave you my name. I'm Kyler Leopard. A pleasure to meet the Young Kayla Stone."

"That's something I don't understand." I said, carefully standing again. "Why did you change your name?"

Kayla looked down, clear pain in her eyes. Andy saw this and looked at me. "You will know soon Emily."

I looked at Kayla for a moment before there was a shout from in the tunnels. Kayla was soon out of the cave we were resting in and out among the people who were shouting.