Chapter 6: Plans and Changes

Metal sat quietly in the tube where Blade and Dr. Robotnik left him in, his arms hugging his knees and his chin resting on top of them. He wondered where Emily was, and if she was alright in this strange world. His thoughts wandered to when he first met Emily on the Blue Typhoon. He smiled at the memories. He was so suspicious of her when he woke up on board. Yet she approached him first, even if she was afraid. He gave a slight chuckle at her reaction when he told her he was placing himself under her authority.

I hope she's alright. Metal thought. He hated the thought that she might be in trouble and he was helpless to aid her.

Suddenly the machines on the top and bottom of the glass tube hummed to life, making Metal look up. Looking out the glass, Metal saw Dr. Robotik at the controls. Metal tensed up, they couldn't have fixed the machine already!

But, liquid was already filling the tube, bringing Metal to his feet.

"This should do it..." He said, mainly to himself, as he flipped a switch.

The liquid filled the tank faster, causing Metal to panic. He banged on the glass, but only got a 'tink' sound from his metal fist against it. Time slowed for Metal as the liquid covered him completely. He thrashed in the liquid and continued his banging on the glass, desperate to escape.

Suddenly, it felt like the metal on his arms where being melted away. A very new, unpleasant sensation tore through him, like being struck again and again with lightning.

Metal tensed, unable to scream through the torment. He soon lost all sense of time as he realized he was lying on the cold floor of the tank. Cold? He never felt cold. Yet he was shivering and lying limp on the ground.

A shadow crossed in front of him and Metal weakly opened his eyes to look up at Dr. Robotnik.

"A success," The Doctor said before turning away. "Take him to a cell."

Metal soon felt metallic arms grab his arms, but his arms gave slightly. Metal hung loosely between the robots as they dragged him to a cell and laid him inside.

Metal's mind was racing, and none of his limbs would obey him other than a few twitches. Too exhausted to do anything, he laid there and slowly fell asleep, unaware of the change that had befallen him.

The Freedom Fighters A Team, Jason, Sleek, Kayla and Kyler, were all busy getting ready for the mission. I was packing to get ready to go home. Silver was with me, looking at the pistol that Kyler had given him.

"I.... think I'll be leaving this here." He said, putting the weapon on the bed.

I smile at Silver. He never liked guns anyway. And he was better with his abilities. "I'm bringing mine, mainly because Shadow from our time."

Silver half grinned. I knew he missed home too. Angel Island was very dear to him, and me too. I spent a summer there with Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, and even had my birthday there. How many teens got that chance?

Someone cleared his throat and we turn to see Dr. Neuron and Kayla standing there. I smile at them. "Ready?"

Kayla just nodded.

"Ready when you two are." Dr. Neuron said. "How are you feeling Silver?"

"Better." Silver answered, but he seemed troubled about something. "And ready to get Metal back."

Kayla grinned. "Well, the DRAFTS are ready to go. Sleek and Jason will be going with you two."

"What about you?" I asked.

"There's a new groups of refugees coming." Kayla answered. "I need to escort them here through the tunnels."

She started walking away and we follow here to the elevator. "You guys will be briefed when we get to level one." She explained. "We've already loaded you guys with weapons and supplies you'll need. Metal may need medical assistance if he's already been turned into an android, so there's medical supplies ready for you guys too."