Dungeons and Diamonds(1)

Noelle and Asta started to panic about Luck leaving us in the dungeon alone. While I tried to stay calm and figure things out.

Luck used his mana sense to scout the dungeon. As soon as he was done with that he vanished with that excited smile of his. The captain trusted Luck to keep an eye on us. I don't think that Luck would betray that trust just like that. So that means there is someone else in this dungeon who is strong enough to pose a threat to our mission. What Luck did was probably the right thing to do. He is the strongest from the four of us. And while he handles the intruders, Asta, Noelle and I need to find the treasure hall of this dungeon and secure it.

I turned to the others. "Don't worry. Whatever kind of traps are in this place, Astas sword can just slice through them." I said hoping to calm them down a bit. "We can catch up later with Luck but now we should concentrate on securing this dungeon's treasure hall."

Noelle and Asta had calmed down again. "Yes, you are right, we have my sword." Asta held it up in pride. "So let's find some treasure!"

We started to walk around, although no one of us knew in what direction we would need to go. We walked next to one of the many streams trying to find a way to get to the other side. "Look, we can cross over there." Asta pointed to a stone bridge. We walked down some stairs to reach the bridge. Noelle walked in front of us. I noticed that there was a trap at the bottom of the stairs. "Noelle, wait!" But before I could pull her back she had already stepped on it.

Green vines came shot out of the ground and walls. They pulled Noelle off the ground, rendering her unable to move. Out of the water came the head of a giant plant. It opened its petals, revealing a slimy mouth-like opening. The vines slowly pulled Noelle towards it. Luckily Asta reacted fast enough and cut the vines that had Noelle captured. She fell down and I caught her in my arms. "Are you alright, Noelle?" I set her back on her own feet. "Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me." The plant now grabbed Asta and pulled him in the air. Noelle was about to pull out her grimoire but the vines had themselves wrapped around her wrist again keeping her from using her grimoire. They tried to attack me too but I could jump back before they caught me. The plant pulled Asta and Noelle closer to its mouth. I needed to get the two out of there before the plant would devour them. I opened my grimoire.

Water creation magic, water slash.

The blades of water flew through the air slicing the vines. Asta and Noelle fell back to the ground. I was about to use a second attack to destroy the rest of the plant, when it was torn apart by a raging wind. The wind magic came from behind us, we three turned around to see who it was. There stood a black haired boy around 50 metres away from us. He was too far away to recognise his facial features, but he wore a golden dawn robe, he was tall and looked around the same age as us.

To use an attack spell from such a distance and with so much precision. Who is this guy?

It was only now that I noticed that two other people were with him. A man with light blue hair and glasses and a beautiful young girl with vermilion hair.

"Hey Yuno!" Asta happily exclaimed when the tree came closer to us.

Yuno? I heard that name before. Asta said that they are childhood friends and that they took the magic knight entrance exam together. Yes, I remember him, he was the one who created that tornado during the exam.

"Yuno, why did you go out of your way to save these people?" The man with glasses asked in a rather condescending tone. "We have been charged with the task of exploring this dungeon and securing its valuable content. We have no time to involve ourselves with people like these."

"Who is foureyes the rude here?" Asta asked, pointing at the man. The man grabbed him by the collar. "Excuse me?! And you think I am rude?! Don't say that again, brat! I am a noble and you will treat me with respect!" The man loudly yelled at Asta. I tried my best to ignore the two screaming at eachother and turned to introduce myself to the other two golden dawn members. "It is very nice to meet you, my name is Victoria van Dine. And who is this beautiful angel in front of me?" The black haired boy smiled kindly. "I am Yuno." My smile vanished and I gave him a cold glance. "I wasn't talking to you, scrawny." I walked past him, to the girl standing behind him. I took her hand and gave it a gentle kiss. "And may I know the name of this delicate flower?" I smiled when I saw how the girl's face went red and she smiled shyly. She was cute. "M-my name is M-Mimosa, Mimosa Vermillion." She looked nervously to the side. Her gaze met Noelle standing next to me. She pulled her hand away from me. "Oh Noelle, fancy running into you here. We haven't seen each other since last year's royal banquet."