The first misson

Asta, Noelle and I, we were informed by Magna that our first mission would be boar hunting close to a village in the forsaken realm. Of course it would have been way too dangerous to send us three rookies, so Magna went with us. Unfortunately Finral couldn't make a portal there so we had to go by broom. But that posed another challenge, because neither Asta nor Noelle could fly a broom.

"I can fly with a broom, so one of you two could ride with me and the other with Magna", I suggested and the others agreed. So Asta would ride with Magna and Noelle would fly with me. That was the best hour of my life, having a pretty girl clinging to my back, I felt like I was in paradise. That was also the first time for me to fly together with another person, but we all four arrived safely in the forest close to Saussy village.

Asta jumped off the broom, full of excitement for our first mission "Well we are here now, so how are we supposed to find these boar?" Magna sat down in the shade of a tree with his broom next to him. "Well, we are in the woods with no one around. You guys can let loose a little."

"You know, Magna is right. We should split up so that way, we can all act a bit more freely." The three looked a bit stunned at me. "What don't act so surprised, I want to test out some of my spells on life targets. So if no one has something against it I'll be off." I jumped on my broom. "I'll meet you in three hours back at the village, okay?"

I flew over the forest, looking down trying to find some of the boar. There was one right under me, a giant brown boar with fire over its body. I looked around to check if anyone was nearby, then I opened my grimoire.

Ice technique, frozen sword.

My magic manifested a sword of ice in my hand. I jumped down from my broom and on to the back of the boar. I shoved my sword deep into the flesh of the beast. It squeaked for a moment but then stopped moving. Its scream attracted two more boars, they ran towards me. My sword disappeared and I flipped through the pages of my grimoire.

Water creation magic, water slash.

I held my hand out and two thin blades of water shot into the direction of the two animals. They flew through the air cutting the boar's throats with one clean swing. I felt how some of their warm blood landed on my check.

This mission is perfect to test some of my new techniques on living things.

I used a binding spell to attach the boars to my broom and fly them to the village. I flew out of the forest, the village was already in sight. But something was wrong, a dome of mist was over the village, but not any mist because it was full of mana. Someone created it.

I looked down to see the others. I flew down to them. "Hey guys. I think something happened at the village, it is completely covered in fog." Magna dropped the boar he was carrying. "What did you say?" He ran around the corner, it was only now that the others saw the fog too. "That is no regular fog, it was created with magic" Noelle noticed the same as I did before.

We stood in front of the gate to the village. "Trying to make it through that would be as effective as walking around blindfolded." Noelle said and she was right. "Magic that can cover an entire village. A spell this powerful didn't come from any villager, something bad happened here." Magna looked at the mist in front of us and then at Asta. "Hey, kid, use your sword and cut through this mist." Asta pulled out his sword. "Yes sir."

Thanks to Asta dispelling the fog in front of us, we could walk safely through the village. Magna navigated us to the square. Asta sliced through the fog again, in front of us was a big group of people. They cowered together in fear. Over them hovered fragments of ice.

"Kill them", a voice said and in the next moment the shards of ice fell down towards the people beneath. Magna ran to the villagers with his open grimoire, luckily he could destroy the ice fragments before they had hit the people.