Overcoming the fear

For a moment everything in the room was silent and the only thing to hear was the calming sound of the water running in the streams of the room. Asta was the one to break that peaceful silence. "I can't believe it! I finally catch up to you and you are two seconds away from being killed! Were you just going to let that guy beat you?!" Asta yelled loudly at Yuno. "Mind your own business, Asta. I was this close to taking him down." Yuno said as he wiped off the blood on his mouth. "That's a lie and you know it! Look at yourself, you are a wreck! You were totally about to die!" Asta continued to yell, like he always does. Yuno dusted off his clothes. "No, I was about to launch a very damaging counter attack." Asta turned away from Yuno and looked at the mage in front of them. "Alright, Yuno. I'll tell you what. We will fight to see who will bring him down. Whatever it takes."

How can those two start a conversation while being in the middle of a battle? Yuno was about to die only a few moments ago, how can he smile now at Asta?

I lifted my trembling hand to my chest and my fingers took a hold of the fabric of my magic nights robe.

I am a coward! How can I call myself a magic night if I can't continue to fight? I was blinded by my own pride, thinking I was unbeatable after what happened in Sosshi village. I was a fool to think that I can protect the people of this country, when I can't even protect myself.

I heard the sound of cristal hitting stone. I lifted my head to see a mineral clone running towards me. I was still in shock, my trembling limbs wouldn't move. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a lightning flash and the mineral clone in front of me broke to pieces. "Fragile, huh" I looked up, it was Luck, he had destroyed the clone with an attack. Noelle came running to me. "Victoria, are you alright?!" She had a worried expression on her face. Seeing my friend in front of me finally made my racing heart calm down. "You guys came." My throat hurt as I tried to speak. Noelle threw her hair behind her shoulder. "Of course we did. Obviously you can't handle the situation on your own." Noelle was as honest and straightforward as ever, but I did hear concern in her voice.

Noelle helped me walk over to Mimosa, who was still laying in the flower cradle. I looked to the ground. "I am sorry Mimosa. I was useless in that fight." She took my hand and I looked at her, she was smiling at me. "No, you at least tried to fight. I was the one who stood by the sidelines the entire time." She lifted up her hand. "So let me at least heal your wound." I pushed her hand back down. I smiled at Mimosa's kindness. "No, you should concentrate on healing yourself first. I can handle my own wounds." I let go of her hands and opened my grimoire.

Water recovery magic, Breath of the sea.

Water gathered around the palm of my hand. I held my hand to my throat and the water started to glow. It was cold but I felt the pain start to disappear. "And while you heal your wounds I'll protect you." Noelle said as she opened her Grimoire. She lifted up her wand and created a dome of water around Mimosa and me.

Throughout the process of me healing my throat I kept glancing through Noelles water shield at the battle going on outside. Asta was fighting with the diamond mage, they were toe one toe with each other.

Yuno and I had a hard time just keeping up with defending against that mage, but Asta can get even a few good hits in. Noelle was wrong to assume that I am stronger than Asta.

The diamond mage had created an army of mineral clones to keep the others busy. Yuno, Luck and Klaus had no problem destroying them, but because there were so many of the clones no one of the three magic knights could give any assistance to Asta.

I am a coward. I am like a scared beast, licking its wounds after a lost fight. Even Noelle is doing something by protecting Mimosa and me. How things are right now we are at least not losing, but there is just no opening for us to win,either.