4. Chores, chores and more chores

(All this is happening in like the weeks and weeks following)

"Put some elbow into it!" Silver yelled to Jim who held the scraper.

Y/N was still half asleep. Her head in her hands. she wasn't really fighting to keep her eyes open.

It took Jim a good minute to scrape one barnacle off, which made her internally cringe because the whole boat was covered in so so so many more.

It was until she was more awake when she decided to help, grabbing the dagger from her thigh and trying to slice off more barnacles.

"You're going to scratch the boat!" The Silver scolded, snatching the knife off from her hands.

"What? Like the scraper isn't?" She protested, taking the knife back off from silver and stuffing it back into its Hollister.
Silver only grumbled as he passed her a scraper. She sighed before joining Jim in scraping them off.

An hour later, There was a really stubborn one. but she refused to let it win. So Y/N poured all her strength into trying to scrape it off. But yet it still didn't come off.

Jim was bored as well, so he decided in helping Y/N scrape off the one barnacle.
A minute of both prying at the Barnacle they managed to take it off, they grinned to each other in success.

However due to the impact Y/N lost her balance, slowly falling back. "Woahhh!" Her arms outstretched, trying to regain her balance.

Silver however, unfazed, pulled back on her shirt and onto the plank again.

"What if we just tied a life line around us and swung by the ship with the scraper against it, surely that would be faster right?" Y/N spoke aloud.

Silver of course said it was a terrible idea, but as soon as he left later  to get ready on lunch, that's exactly what Jim and Y/N did.

Grinning from opposite ends on the ship, at the count of three the two ran and jumped off, holding their scrapers to the ship as they swung beside it.

It worked, the barnacles came off in one swift motion.
They giggled uncontrollably once the rope stopped swinging and they just hung there.

Ready for a second round, the two climbed their way back on deck using the rope. But as soon as they climbed over Silver stood there with his arms crossed, glaring at the two angrily.

Jim and Y/N turned away from Silver to each other sheepishly, cringing as they made eye contact.

"If yer two Don' get back there right now and do it properly, I'll 'ave your heads"

They retreated cautiously, sitting on the plank and lowering it back down.

"No more shortcuts!"

—————————-

"You're supposed to be drying the dishes" Silver scolded Y/N as she sat beside Jim who was sitting on a barrel.

"I finished. So I'm gonna help Jim" she stated, pulling out her knife and grabbing a potato, starting to peel away the skin.

"Or do you have a problem with that to?" Jim looked up to Silver, annoyed.

Silver glared at them both but didn't argue against them.

——————-

Y/N was showing the rocket boots she had been working on to Jim, pressing a button on her ankle she shot up into the air, using her hands to balance herself. 

Morph flew up to her, sticking his tongue out playfully before flying to Y/Ns boots and turning them off.

She screamed as she hit her head on the deck, sitting back up and rubbing her head angrily as she glared at Morph who was cackling.