Hospital

The last thing Xiao remembers before waking up was that he had just confessed his love to Aether, who had been missing, and then called Heizou to tell him that he had found him.

Up until the moment he had blacked out, life was great.

Now he's in a blank hospital room with his head throbbing.

He groans as he squints at the lights above him, then closes them shut, goosebumps suddenly appearing on his arms.

A breath releases from his lips and he tries to sit up. The room he was in was your typical hospital room; plain walls, the bed in the middle, a couch in the corner, a sink and cabinets, and some medical things scattered around.

He turns his head to read the clock on the wall, which read 2:46. He glances at the window, and sees that it's dark outside.

"Must be late outside," He mumbles to himself.

He gently places his feet on the ground and staggers over to the door in the corner, creaking it open slightly. The smell of sanitizer wafts through the air. A young man holding a clipboard turns his head in Xiao's direction with a panicked look on his face. He rushes over and Xiao stumbles back.

He opens the door slightly, gets himself into the room and closes the door behind him.

"Sorry to startle you!" He pants as he tries to catch his breath.

"I'm a nurse; you're not supposed to be out there yet, someone could potentially recognize you"

"One quick question though, where are Aether and the others?" Xiao questions, eyeing the nurse suspiciously.

"Aether is staying in the room next to you, but the hospital hasn't allowed any visitors yet,"

"I see."

"How about you get some rest? When we found you guys, you were burning up with fever and pretty weak" He puts the back of his hand up to Xiao's forehead.

"What happened?" Xiao asks

"Well, it seems as though your fever contributed to you passing out. We've come to the conclusion that it was just overexertion,"

"It seems to have gotten better from before, but some medicine and a rest would help" The nurse walks over to the sink and opens one of the cabinets. He takes out an almost empty pack of pills and a plastic cup. Turning the sink on, he fills the cup with the clear liquid.

"Here you are, have a good rest" He hands Xiao the water and pills.

"You can press the button next to your bed if you need any assistance!" He bows and leaves the room.

Xiao picks up the pills and takes 1 out of the pack. Setting the pack down, he holds the pills in one hand, and his cup of water in the next. He gulps down the pills with water, and seats himself on the bed. He lays down drowsily looking at the light on the ceiling as his eyes slowly close.

Xiao?

Xiao opens his eyes and turns to the side to see Aether, sitting on the bedside next to him.

"Aether I-" Xiao suddenly feels overwhelmed by his emotions.

Aether quickly wraps his arms around Xiao's torso and rests his head on his shoulder.

Xiao stays there, too stunned to say anything. He eventually comes back to his senses and holds Aether close.

"are you feeling okay? hows your fever?" Aether cups Xiao's face in his hands as he observes him.

"I'm alright, how are you though?" Xiao asks, flustered.

"I'm alright too" Aether replies and rests his head on Xiao's shoulder.