sleepover - part 2

"nails? uhh i think i'm okay for now," Venti laughs nervously.

"yeah, i'm not looking to paint my nails anytime soon," Heizou adds, backing up

"come on! it'll be fun!" Lumine reassures the two, who look at each other worriedly.

"yeah guys! Lumine and I used to do it all the time when we were young,"

"i'll pass," Xiao crosses his arms.

"come on, pleasee," Aether begs, looking at Xiao, who has his head turned away from him so that he doesn't give into anything that Aether says.

"It doesn't seem that bad," Kazuha speaks up after a while. Lumine clasps her hands in response.

"see?," She grins, as Aether runs to his room to grab his box of polish.

---

"Kazuha can be my first test subject!"

"test subject?" Venti looks at Kazuha, concerned.

"you know what I mean," She says, scrounging through Aether's box of nail polish.

"that isn't very reassuring," Heizou states, worried.

"it's not like she's cutting your nails off or anything," Aether rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

Lumine picks out a shade of polish and holds it up for the rest to see.

"This is a very Kazuha color," Xiao agrees, looking at the small bottle of reddish orange polish.

"mhm! it's called 'maple leaves'. Very Kazuha." She unscrews the cap and motions for Kazuha to set his hands on the coffee table.

"Your nails are already nicely filed, so I think I can just apply the paint," Lumine raves.

"Good luck," Heizou salutes

"we'll miss you when you're gone," Venti wipes fake tears from his eyes as Lumine glares at him.

---

"See! it wasn't so bad," Lumine exhales, as Kazuha examines at his nails.

"Not so bad for him, bad for us. I think the air's toxic now," Xiao covers his mouth and nose with his shirt.

"oh don't be dramatic," Aether places his hands on his hips.

"hey guys it's actually not that bad, these are pretty cute," Kazuha holds his fingers under the light and blows on them gently.

"whos next?" Lumine grins cheekily. Heizou and Venti run over to Xiao and hide behind him.

"goddamn Xiao why do you have to be so short," Heizou whisper shouts as Xiao smacks his head.

"Xiaoo" Aether hears the commotion and drags him over by the arm and seats him on the ground.

"I don't get paid enough for this," Xiao hides his hands in his pockets.

"i'll pay you in kisses," Aether teases in a half-joking tone. Xiao straightens his back and places his hands on the table.

"say no more,"

Lumine giggles and looks through the box until she finds a deep black color which she assumes he will like.

"Is this color okay for you?" She holds up the bottle to his eye level. He studies it.

"okay," He responds laying his hands flat on the table.

Meanwhile, Venti and Heizou hide behind Kazuha, since they couldn't behind Xiao for obvious reasons.

"Don't think you two are going to be let off the hook," Lumine warns, glaring at the two.