Chapter 2: Mondstadt

"Welcome back!" Lynn said as she entered the room where everyone was already seated. "Did you all have a good rest?"

"We did, thank you." Ayaka politely said.

"Not really." someone from Sumeru said while yawning. "I spent all the time racking my brain to understand what we just watched before."

"Ignore him, he's cranky for not sleeping in his usual time." someone from Sumeru said.

"I see...um, great!" Lynn said with a smile. "It seems you are all ready to watch then."

"Not like we have a choice." someone from Snezhnaya scowled as the screen turned on. 

The scene opened with Lumine and Paimon walking towards Jean who seemed to be talking with a girl in a black jacket.

"Fatui scum." Diluc scowled.

"Isn't that Jean?" Paimon asked as the two stopped walking in order to give Jean and the other girl privacy. "Seems she's talking to someone... Let's let her finish, then go say hi?"

"And yet you're eavesdropping." Tighnari said in amusement. 

"It's not like we meant it." Paimon defended. "We were just close enough to listen even without meaning to!"

"You can move, though." someone from Natlan commented. "You are not stuck on the ground."

"...Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place." the girl in black said. "If you are unable to promptly deal with the stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that  monster to the-"

"'Monster?'" Jean scoffed in irritation. 

"Yes. What's your point?" the Fatui asked.

"Ah...I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats." Jean said while crossing her arms, looking angry. "Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of the Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius."

"What a disappointment." someone from Snezhnaya said in an irritated tone. "Who trained her or even accepted her in our ranks when she can't even do one simple thing properly? She should be fired when we get back."

"Why are you so mad?" Nilou asked in confusion. 

"It's because all of the Fatui, or at least those who will become diplomats, are trained and told to study the nation's history, culture, and all so that no fighting will ensure." Childe answered. "Like me. I'm not from Liyue but I studied their ways of life to the point I can be considered as a Liyue citizen by those who don't know who I am. It's to show we respect them and eagerly want to make deals with them."

"Except," Zhongli said. "you still have yet to master using chopsticks."

"You didn't have to add that." Childe grumbled out in embarrassment.

"You're telling me that this Fatui don't know how to use chopsticks?" Yanfei asked in shock as Zhongli nodded in agreement.

"Heh...Hehehe...It's not as crazy as you make it sound." the Fatui laughed. "Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply...an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make...thorough notes..."

"That's not even negotiation." Ningguang said with a frown. "It's coercion."

"That's what Fatui do." someone from Fontaine said. "They don't do 'peace'."

"Hey!" someone from Snezhnaya argued. "We do seek peace."

With that, she left as Lumine and Paimon decided it was the right time to approach Jean.