2. Wedding

ʚEDITEDɞ

Y/N and Taehyung were both born in Daegu but relocated to Seoul during their childhood. Their parents crossed paths in Seoul when y/n and taehyung were just 5 years old. The two youngsters quickly became inseparable best friends, spending most of their days together, while their parents also formed a close bond.

At that time, Taehyung's father held the position of CEO at KIM ENTERPRISE, which has since transitioned to KTH ENTERPRISE under Taehyung's leadership. On the other hand, Y/N's father worked as an employee at CHOI PHARMA, a prominent pharmaceutical company.

Y/N and Taehyung attended the same school and were in the same class. When Y/N turned 16, her father encountered financial difficulties, keeping this burden hidden from everyone except his family, the Kim family also remained unaware. Struggling to meet basic needs, he faced further hardship when falsely accused and lost his job.

The family made the tough decision to return to Daegu due to financial constraints, with Y/N enrolling in a more affordable school, while Taehyung pursued higher education abroad. In Daegu, Y/N crossed paths with Lilly, leading to a strong friendship between them.

Rather than loosing hope, Y/N's father ventured into a small business, initially relying on borrowed funds from his parents. Despite facing challenges and setbacks in the early stages, his unwavering dedication and resilience began to yield results. The business expanded, their situation stabilized, and life improved significantly.

With everything back on track and in a much better state, Y/N's father made the decision to return to Seoul.

Y/N persuaded Lilly to apply to the same university in Seoul to ensure they could remain close friends. Y/N cherished their bond and didn't want to risk losing her only soulmate. Fortunately, Lilly agreed, and they embarked on their academic journey together, deepening their friendship amidst the challenges of university life.

MORNING

Y/N woke up and found herself still in the same attire she wore the day before, remembering about the previous night when she was hurt and overwhelmed, tears clouding her judgment and causing her to forget to change her clothes. She rose from her bed, changed into a comfortable attire, and made her way downstairs for breakfast.

Upon seeing her, her father with a hint of concern in his voice inquired.

"Y/N, are you alright? I know I shouldn't have done this. I'm sorry, but I had no other choice."

Y/N reassured him, saying.

"Don't dad. I'm perfectly fine. Please don't apologize. I trust your decisions, they've always been in my best interest."

After breakfast, Y/N retreated to her room, pondering the sudden twist her life had taken. With a heavy sigh, she murmured to herself.

"Stay strong, Y/N. This is for your father. He has never asked anything of you before. It's your turn now. If this marriage brings him joy, then you must go through with it. After the wedding, the choice to love him is yours. Remember, you are compelled to marry him, not love him."

DINNER

The families gathered once more for dinner, this time at Y/N's residence. As before, both Y/N and Taehyung remained silent throughout the meal.

Taehyung's father spoke up capturing their attention.

"We have finalized the wedding date, it's set for this Saturday."